Nest Worker AI Change

WaffleGuy

Colony
Workers should no longer go all the way to the queen and back to bring an egg to a tile if there's a job right next to them, UNLESS the egg's corresponding ant is dead and not in an active pheromone marker.

This should hopefully optimize the speed of nest workers and decrease the duration it takes for many nest jobs to be done at once.

MedinB

Colony
John or Liam did confirm workers will do jobs closer to them before doing jobs further away. I'm not sure when this feature was added, but I'm still not sure how it exactly works.

However, I want to see what this Fire Ant update will bring. As I'm sure, almost every gameplay feature of the game will be slightly tweaked and/or improved.

WaffleGuy

Colony
John or Liam did confirm workers will do jobs closer to them before doing jobs further away. I'm not sure when this feature was added, but I'm still not sure how it exactly works.
They certainly seem to be doing digging jobs that are close, but not building chambers.

However, I want to see what this Fire Ant update will bring. As I'm sure, almost every gameplay feature of the game will be slightly tweaked and/or improved.
I'm pretty sure that the fire ant update will only bring T4 and a few bug fixes, or at least that's what's been spoiled to us. Balance changes and tweaks will probably be in the leafcutter or beach balance updates, or the freeplay update.