new species

miky

Worker
ik the fish evolve new swimming styles and new textures but at a moment look weird because there are 2 completely different and they are from the same specie. I have a idea , when in the specie appear a mutation that make them to change color or grow a another fin or leg they will make a new species .there will be very much species and a diversity but near the map there are species names and i think too much names there will lag so idk if is good idea

Tom Johnson

Queen
Developer of Ecosystem
Ecosystem Beta Tester
ik the fish evolve new swimming styles and new textures but at a moment look weird because there are 2 completely different and they are from the same specie. I have a idea , when in the specie appear a mutation that make them to change color or grow a another fin or leg they will make a new species .there will be very much species and a diversity but near the map there are species names and i think too much names there will lag so idk if is good idea
I like this idea! It makes intuitive sense and it also helps to highlight to the player when and how evolution is occurring. It could possibly introduce some difficulties (species can be sort of a loosely defined and qualitative concept) but I think I should be able to make something like this work.