Occupation - New Extra Level - Out Now!

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Thanks to everyone who has helped beta test this level over the last few months.

Occupation - a new extra level for Empires of the Undergrowth - is out now! In this level not unlike the campaign mission New Home, you control wood ants (with mortars) with the simple mission to kill all nearby creatures. Beware - your occupation of this prime nesting location will not go uncontested.

Although the level is definitely the most straightforward of the four that will be releasing over the next few months, that doesn't mean it's a walk in the park - it has a particularly tricky start, and you'll need to use your knowledge of the game systems to walk away from a very tricky early encounter with your queen still living.

You can find the mission in Extra Levels right now - your game will not need to update first; as long as you're on version 0.23 it'll be there.

It's worth reiterating at this point that compared to the campaign content, these missions take practically no time at all to develop - just a few short hours of dev time apiece (you can watch John do most of the development for these on stream). Because they all use existing assets, systems and artwork, one of our devs can create an extra level very fast indeed.

We're still charging full steam ahead with the fire ant update - we just thought there's plenty of you who would appreciate something new to play in the meantime.

MedinB

Colony
yay new extra levels always great but i've beta tested that level though...
We have play tested this before, but I am sure for the past month the developers have put a lot of work into the fire ants and other things. Slug Disco likes to put their head down and finish things to make sure everything is working correctly. They have been rather silent these past few weeks.

pakitane16

Colony
The extra buffed creatures are a bit ridiculous lol. I think the exclamation marks should be extra scaled up for them. It took a few tries to know if the black ants or tiger beetles should be dealed with first.

Thanks to everyone who has helped beta test this level over the last few months.

Occupation - a new extra level for Empires of the Undergrowth - is out now! In this level not unlike the campaign mission New Home, you control wood ants (with mortars) with the simple mission to kill all nearby creatures. Beware - your occupation of this prime nesting location will not go uncontested.

Although the level is definitely the most straightforward of the four that will be releasing over the next few months, that doesn't mean it's a walk in the park - it has a particularly tricky start, and you'll need to use your knowledge of the game systems to walk away from a very tricky early encounter with your queen still living.

You can find the mission in Extra Levels right now - your game will not need to update first; as long as you're on version 0.23 it'll be there.

It's worth reiterating at this point that compared to the campaign content, these missions take practically no time at all to develop - just a few short hours of dev time apiece (you can watch John do most of the development for these on stream). Because they all use existing assets, systems and artwork, one of our devs can create an extra level very fast indeed.

We're still charging full steam ahead with the fire ant update - we just thought there's plenty of you who would appreciate something new to play in the meantime.
There isn’t enough food from my playing experience. I would suggest that if you change the level settings to easy it gives you more food.

VarmintLP

Queen
Backer

I remember playtesting it on my channel to give some feedback and it took me several attempts to get past the start of each round going. If I'm not mistaken I didn't manage to beat it. First because I only played the levels in insane. Second because I did not manage to memories what was where to have an easier time with the whole level. ^^

It was fun for me tho. In case someone likes to have a look.
;)