Out-Ground

AntsAreAwesome

Worker
Backer
I was wondering if you guys would have the out-ground out by the next update? I am really looking forward to this. I have had a lot of fun with the under-ground, but eventually it becomes repetitive. I would also like to know what is the out-ground going to be like? Like how will you navigate? What is the entire purpose? Like I just want to know more details lol. So, like asked earlier, is the out-ground going to be out next update(I am really hope yes! ;D)You guys are doing a lot of good and hard work, keep it up!

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
I think I may have just sent you an email as the questions are similar but I will do my best to answer what I can here!

AntsAreAwesome said:
I was wondering if you guys would have the out-ground out by the next update?

No, the next update (which will be within a week) will be the same levels and creatures, but will include a lot of fixes, updated mechanics (ants are more responsive) and recalculated stats (tiles take longer to dig, prices increased, food held increased, creatures stats)

AntsAreAwesome said:
I would also like to know what is the out-ground going to be like? Like how will you navigate? What is the entire purpose?

We wanted the mechanics to feel similar on the surface to underground so you can control the colony the same way however surface will be very different game play wise. The surface is a wide open area, meaning fights can be large (both in the size of the enemies you are fighting and in the size of the armies.) You will run into other colonies on the surface that will be trying to survive and grow just like you are and so you will be competing for resources. Levels will have different objectives so on some you will be trying to destroy other colonies or creatures, other you will be in race against time to reach a size of colony. We have recently firmly planned our levels and more details on this (though without spoilers) will be coming over the next couple of months.

AntsAreAwesome said:
You guys are doing a lot of good and hard work, keep it up!

Thanks, making a game is not easy and it is nice to feel appreciated! ;D