[Performance] Christmas beta whip spider mission performance issue

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
On the christmas beta mission where the player's objective is to kill the huge whip spider, there is a significant low in the fps rate that instantly disappears when the funnelweb spiders are triggered or killed. (20 to 30 fps becomes 150 fps.)
You probably want to look into that XD.
Also, merry christmas to all.

Edit: I've tried it out, it looks like the funnelweb spiders cause a performance issue in freeplay too. Do they check all creatures to see if they attack them or do they only check on their relevant tiles? (Curious)

Last edited:

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Had the same problem, massive amount of lag periodically. Assumed the new movement code wasn't done and I might have had too many ants, so I just went around killing things to see if it'd fix until I luckily took out the funnelwebs. Performance was phenomenal after that. Probably a memory leak.

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Had the same problem, massive amount of lag periodically. Assumed the new movement code wasn't done and I might have had too many ants, so I just went around killing things to see if it'd fix until I luckily took out the funnelwebs. Performance was phenomenal after that. Probably a memory leak.
Thank you for confirming it wasn't just me.

MedinB

Colony
I didn't experience this. Like this youtuber.

Usually my computer is pretty strong so as this Youtuber, I bet it's due to a bit of movement code and the animations taking place and so much like frames needed by your computer to handle this. I think that's why. Maybe some software issues or memory leak. (That's what I think)

(41 Minutes and 53 seconds)

Last edited:

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Based on the fact that enemies are randomly dying, I think this might be a bug involving the funnelwebs somehow killing enemies that aren't even nearby. It's quite confusing, but it would explain why the one-hit occurs.

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Logged and passed on! Probably relevant to all the guys since it involves the extra levels (John), movement code (Liam) and performance issues (Matt).