Pheromone marker not working?

Exodus

Larva
Not sure is it a bug or game mechanics but I've noticed how pheromone markers don't work all the time (at least not for all of the ants in selected group).

I've beaten the formicarium challenge on medium difficulty so I've decided to test myself on insane. I was progressing fine all until final chamber on 1.1. I had around 20-25 lvl 3 fighters and as I was preparing ants around the last chamber I've noticed how a couple (5-10) of my fighters we're venturing in chambers I didn't even put the marker. I'm not talking about some of cruising around ...I'm talking about them being at the far left corner of the map where I killed all of them 10 mins ago and some of them were right next to the queen. I've tried deleting all the markers and setting them up again close to the last chamber but whoever came 1st he would instantly move away and go somewhere far (back to the queen, even tho there was no food to pick up).

I've tried beating that challenge 6-7 times but every time this would happen and made me rage quit lol, shame actually cause I really do enjoy building up ants colonies.

Ensiege

Worker
Yea that's a bit of a game mechanic. You don't have absolute control over your ants, more like... strong suggestions of where they should go.

and btw - that mission is a lot easier if you don't upgrade your soldier ants. instead of 20 L3 ants, use 60 L1 ants. Set up ambushes to attack from all sides.