Pirate much? (non-serious)

Scyobi_Empire

Colony
Extremely Helpful Person
Ecosystem Beta Tester
Don't worry, that search term leads to the main website.

I was looking for a game like EoTU. Or boardgame, like March of The Ants.PirateMuch.PNG

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
It happens. If anything it shows widespread enthusiasm.

I'm considering trying to convince the guys, come version 1.0, to release a torrented version of the game that has a fatal annoying flaw in it - much like the immortal scorpion in Serious Sam BFE that makes progression impossible.

Last edited:

Scyobi_Empire

Colony
Extremely Helpful Person
Ecosystem Beta Tester

I'm considering trying to convince the guys, come version 1.0, to release a torrented version of the game that has a fatal annoying flaw in it - much like the immortal scorpion in Serious Sam BFE that makes progression impossible.
I know what to do: Replace every enemy with a swarm of level 3 Army Ants.

I can imagine the first challenge with loads of Army Ants as enemy.

Rensy

Colony
I know what to do: Replace every enemy with a swarm of level 3 Army Ants.

I can imagine the first challenge with loads of Army Ants as enemy.
That is great idea, i think what should happen is if the pirating player still plays the game after progression is impossible yet they managed to do it, then perhaps at a certain point in time the game will crash and won't allow to reopen ever even if it is redownloaded, and can only be played normally until buying the actual legal version.

VarmintLP

Queen
Backer

what if you guys had a mechanism in the the game where each enemy would deal a fatal blow if there was no legal license in it. Or randomly spawning a killer ant or make the ants "overthrow" and kill the queen after 5 minutes of playing. So people that try to rip off can experience some parts of the game and get a "free demo".
Getting people hooked. ;)

VarmintLP

Queen
Backer
have in the campaign the scientist crush u
After reading this, it would be actually funny. If they make it to the first challange, the female scientist should say something along the lines of:
Female Scientist: "Hm it seems like this colony isn't very strong (or something like this). Conduct your experiments as you wish. *Giving the mad scientist the permission to go crazy*"
Male Scientist: "Ohoho. With pleasure. *Proceeds to release an army of all sorts of ants and uber insects*"
Female Scientist: "*Starts to enjoy the show* How about we add one of these? *Releases a wipe spider*"
Male Scientist: "*In his crazy maniac accent.* Magnificent. And how about 5 of these? *Releases 5 Devil's Coach horse beetles*
Female Scientist: "*Goes crazy with hunger for more.* And how about 4 of these?! *Releases some spiders or praying mantises at the entrance of the antnest*
If the pirates can manage to still keep going and survive, they may proceed to the next level where the water level will rise higher than the max layer within the first night.

Good idea but I don’t know if mike would like it. He doesn’t care for the game being pirated
so yeah I would say give it a try.