Possible Level Design

Raptorofwar

Queen
Backer
I want to talk about possible designs for levels on the final campaign:

1. The first level could be one completely underground, introducing the player to the game. Players should learn to make tiles, gather food, and other basic underground functions. The player should be only given Formica ereptor ants, as they haven't met any other ants yet. At the end of the level, they find a newly dug Lasius niger ant queen, making an easy opponent for their worker ants, who are the only ants available to the player. This way, it allows the player to "obtain" their first DNA.
2. The second level should be an introduction to the overworld and ant combat. This could be part of the first level, but since the player would probably be left with a mass of worker ants that are rubbish at attacking, I'd rather give them a blank slate for them to utilize their new Lasius niger ants. The player would learn to collect overworld resources and eventually defeat a neighboring Lasius niger ant colony.
3. This is not necessarily the third level, but since Slug Disco has already unveiled Fire Ants and Crazy Raspberry Ants, who are said to completely rival Fire Ants, so a level where you conquer a Crazy Raspberry Ant colony, and then use it to defeat a Fire Ant colony which could almost definitely not be defeated without them. The Fire Ants could do huge damage to normal ants, but only minor damage to Crazy Raspberry Ants. Furthermore, the Crazy Raspberry Ants could be the first ant the player gets that is cheaper than Lasius niger as it mentions that these ants form massive colonies.
4. I assume the Leafcutter Ants and the Wood Ants are going to be found in the jungle, or forest. I have no ideas beyond this.
5. The Driver Ant is also obviously coming. Maybe a map in the far off desert where you have to fight a Driver Ant colony that occasionally moves between different ant holes, and is much more vulnerable to attack while doing so, because Driver Ants are nomadic.
6. Finally, at the Fertile Pinacle, I assume the player will combat several other Formic ereptor colonies to gain dominance, as an old Kickstarter video said that "only one colony will dominate and join the Empires of the Undergrowth."

I have no idea where the Trapjaw Ants and Carpenter Ants fit in. So what do you guys think?