Question about the fire ant update

Joorff

Worker
Will the new ants that will appear in the fire ant update (particularly little black ants and big headed ants) become playable in freeplay with the fire ant update or will there be a future update that will them playable in freeplay?

Joorff

Worker
Yep! The new species will already be playable in free play. However, there won't be a swamp map added until a future update.
Awesome! 1 thing with a future swamp map that I think could be interesting is how non fire ant species would function on a map designed with fire ant bridging in mind. There could be paths that lead to resources that get cut off when the water rises but also cuts off access to enemy nests, but fire ants can access those areas making it unsafe for other colonies that can't make bridges.

WaffleGuy

Colony
I agree, I can't wait to see how all the other colonies interact with each other.
but fire ants can access those areas making it unsafe for other colonies that can't make bridges.
This is interesting, if your opponents were fire ants then you'd essentially be under some kind of siege after a certain point in the game if you don't build up an army fast enough.