Question on how to progress

Hello, so I've completed 1.1 and 1.2 and can't seem to go any further with my max ant count still at 50. I've seen youtube videos where people were playing 2.1 and 2.2 and had 100 ants. I'm guessing I'm missing something but can't figure out what it could be? Any help would be appreciated!!

AntsAreAwesome

Worker
Backer
I had to play one of the levels again on easy to get what I needed to win. I played with 10 workers and 40 black Ants. I also stayed in my nest to win because they gather and are easier to defeat when they are all bunched up. It took me 3 or 4 times without playing the first level to realize that I needed to replay another level. Now I’m stuck on challenge 2. Those wolf spiders are overpowering...and creepy.

Raptorofwar

Queen
Backer
The problem I have with the wolf spiders are that they run in past my really good line of defense. Then, my ants can't back up to deal with them because there's an unending trickle of ants coming through the front door.

To answer Duckhunter's question, you have to do the Formicarium challenge. It's the bar above level's 1.1 and 1.2. Be aware this will affect your formicarium, so you may be left with a greatly weakened formicarium. Remember to save before attempting, and it's best to build up quite an army to attack.

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
The spiders have a charge ability that allows them to bypass groups of creatures (like the slave makers). However, they will visit your nest chambers to attack other stuff before going for your queen. If your nest chambes are very close to the queen without walls in the way, then the spiders will reach her quickly.

Luckily, you ca give the queen one of two very powerful abilities - Royal Decree or Royal Guard -which trigger when she reaches 75% health. These abilities will easily defeat several spiders in one go.

Kaien_Saerin

Worker
Backer
Beat the game, for now.... was pretty easy haven't beaten each 4 levels on the hardest difficulty yet tho, but got 150 ant pop in my farm. Gonna Leave it at 95/150 for new ant species.

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaien_Saerin said:
Beat the game, for now.... was pretty easy haven't beaten each 4 levels on the hardest difficulty yet tho, but got 150 ant pop in my farm. Gonna Leave it at 95/150 for new ant species.

Nice :) We imagine lots of people will have to re-imagine their nests as more species are released; one of several reasons we included the remove tile upgrade tool.

Mino

Larva
@AntsAreAwesome
I dealt with the Wolf Spiders by just placing 20 Warriors near the Queen, they did the job in dealing with the Spiders well.

After i finished the 2nd formacarium challenge i figured out that i can play the two beach levels as well...just need to choose between the two ant options -.- Never said that i am the smartest...

Anyway, now i am looking forward to enjoy the two beach levels this eve^^

I have done the same complete 1.1 and 1.2. When I get to the Formicarium Challenge 1. I think I finished but then he let's an onslaughter of two ants and those Devil's Coach Horse and I can't beat the onslaughter.

Any Help?

Kaien_Saerin

Worker
Backer
@bacchusm Repeat missions 1.1 and 1.2 with the challenge mode on. Medium difficulty is a cake walk for me but play what your most comfortable with. You can repeat any mission you've completed before for reduced rewards as well. Just 1.1, 1.2, 2.1, 2.2, and challenge mode 1.1 and 1.2. I always pick royal jelly for them upgrades, be sure too Increase your ants genes, especially levels.