Questions and suggestions and a bug.

Questions:
Why isn't there a beach tiger beetle larvae in freeplay? Why does the enemy queen come out of the nest at the Queen of the hill level? Why can’t you have 2 kinds of spit ants at once or 2 kinds of majors at the leaf cuts when on the queen of the hill leaf the enemy could have been 2 kinds of spit. (rapid fire and mortar condoms)

Suggestions:
1. It would be nice if you could move the queen and fight the queen and have a button for the queen to settle here. 2. There would be a button on where to throw food with the ants. 3. Dig up new nests for the colony. 4. There would be a button for the ants that when you press it the ants would go back to eat in the nest and then the ants life would be full. 5. You could dig more ways out of the nest. 6.
It would be nice if our colony could also eat the killed ants. There should be 20 food in a dead ant.

Bug:
When I played I killed an uber whip spider with my colony. The ants brought in the food and there was still 2000 food in the uber whip spider and I clicked the nest a bit and then back and the whip spider disappeared.

Last edited:

pakitane16

Colony
"Why isn't there a beach tiger beetle in freeplay?"
- They do? Check the creature option in freeplay menu. If you mean their larvae then the devs plan to add challenge mode creatures in the future.

"Why does the enemy queen come out of the nest at the Queen of the hill level?"
- Not sure what you mean here. These queens are different from the unmovable queen, they act similar to a unit. They are visually smaller and are affected by status.

"Why can’t you have 2 kinds of spit ants at once or 2 kinds of majors at the leaf cuts when on the queen of the hill leaf the enemy could have been 2 kinds of spit."
- Balance. Also it creates optional paths and combinations that encourage replays.

"It would be nice if you could move the queen and fight the queen and have a button for the queen to settle here... You could dig more ways out of the nest"
- This contradicts with the movement code that they spent years to make, so probably no.

"There would be a button on where to throw food with the ants."
- Not sure what you mean but this is not a simulator. If you can freely throw food in then there is no reason to replay the story missions

"It would be nice if our colony could also eat the killed ants. There should be 20 food in a dead ant."
- Even if one ant grant 1 food it's still overpower as the game is moving toward ants vs ants in later missions and freeplay.

Scyobi_Empire

Colony
Extremely Helpful Person
Ecosystem Beta Tester
I'd say dead ants should give half of their hatching cost and despawn quickly.

"Why isn't there a beach tiger beetle in freeplay?"
- They do? Check the creature option in freeplay menu. If you mean their larvae then the devs plan to add challenge mode creatures in the future.

"Why does the enemy queen come out of the nest at the Queen of the hill level?"
- Not sure what you mean here. These queens are different from the unmovable queen, they act similar to a unit. They are visually smaller and are affected by status.

"Why can’t you have 2 kinds of spit ants at once or 2 kinds of majors at the leaf cuts when on the queen of the hill leaf the enemy could have been 2 kinds of spit."
- Balance. Also it creates optional paths and combinations that encourage replays.

"It would be nice if you could move the queen and fight the queen and have a button for the queen to settle here... You could dig more ways out of the nest"
- This contradicts with the movement code that they spent years to make, so probably no.

"There would be a button on where to throw food with the ants."
- Not sure what you mean but this is not a simulator. If you can freely throw food in then there is no reason to replay the story missions

"It would be nice if our colony could also eat the killed ants. There should be 20 food in a dead ant."
- Even if one ant grant 1 food it's still overpower as the game is moving toward ants vs ants in later missions and freeplay.
Oh I spelled the beach tiger beetle. I wanted to write that beach tiger beetle larvae. (But I've already fixed it)

MedinB

Colony
Questions:
Bug:
When I played I killed an uber whip spider with my colony. The ants brought in the food and there was still 2000 food in the uber whip spider and I clicked the nest a bit and then back and the whip spider disappeared.

I doubt that is a bug with the game, I am sure dead creatures despawn naturally to prevent further issues. For example, if you're just playing leaf cutters, what will the dead bugs be for? It will affect performance.

alayyan23

Queen
That is not a bug over time food disappears so you need to gather it quickly