Scenario taken just from life

MBargo

Woo hoo!
Backer
Beta Tester
Hi all!
After reading some threads on Steam I discovered which scenario I would like to play the most - the very long one and similar to the "ant cycle" in nature. I wrote the thread on Steam, but I will copy it also here :)

==============================================
I would like to see a scenario in which I could raise colony from its very foundation to the maturity - by which I mean producing alates (unfertilized queens and males). Just a single campaign on a single map. A bit of survival mode with renewing/cycling food sources, equal strenght enemy colony that should be fought on ground level (but probably too strong to conquer) to get the best food sources and maybe even a winter <nioh nioh!>.

The goals:
- gather enough food before every winter to survive (winter might kill some ants)
- maintain enough food sources to be not ovecome by the enemy colony
- produce alates to win the scenario OR produce as much as possible alates during X years period (before death of the main queen) which might lead to leaderboards!

Mechanics needed:
- winter - periodical event that could 1) occur once in X minutes; 2) it could kill some ants in the nest (it might be a chance for a very though winter to bring some RNG); 3) there could be some kind of a counter to let the player know that .. "the winter is comming", 4) if resources are low winter ends the scenario
- alates - unfertilized queens and males just to take large amounts of player's resources and space OR the goal of the game. New models probably will be required though. The alates could disappear after the winter (something like in case of some Carpenter ants)
- leaderboard
- renewing food sources/rotation of food sources
- enemy colony that 1) will be in the same size all the time/almost all the time OR 2) a small enemy colony will appear in every 1-2 (or RNG) years just to steal resources. If player would like to have more resources (to produce more alates and gain more points) he will have to destroy it as fast as possible

I could even bought DLC like that <3

Serafine

Queen
Backer
Beta Tester
Ecosystem Beta Tester
- alates - unfertilized queens and males just to take large amounts of player's resources and space OR the goal of the game. New models probably will be required though. The alates could disappear after the winter (something like in case of some Carpenter ants)
In most Camponotus (carpenter ant) species the alates overwinter in the nest as imagines (fully grown ants) which is why they are among the first ants flying as soon as it gets warm in spring.