Screenshot Saturday - The Big-Headed Ant

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Another species that will be tussling with fire ants in Empire of the Undergrowth's 4th tier is the big-headed ant (Pheidole morrisii).

Like many species, it has minor and major castes, but it also has a category of major often called "supersoldier" in literature. This beast has a huge head giving it a wicked bite.

The head powers huge bite force much like a leafcutter major, but in a much more awkwardly-proportioned form.

The head is very big in comparison to the body (hence the name), so although the bite is formidable the supersoldiers do tend to be a little on the clumsy side!

Rensy

Colony
Btw i also never knew big headed ants have 2 types of soldiers, i always thought it was just workers and the big headed ones

pakitane16

Colony
Not all, those without a Gyne cast (or ones that don't ave a queen coded in) are missing from free play.
He meant there is a way around it by creating another sub species of F.ereptor. But yeah, M.minimum and P.morisii both have queen model, have decent size colonies and nest underground so they should be reasonable for freeplay as fully-pledge species.

TheRexYo

Queen
I think only the ants that are obtainable in the main story are given queens. The exception to this rule would be ones that you encounter in missions, such as the upcoming "Little Black Ants". Speaking of which, I have found a way to use those in an Ereptor colony the same way I did with Fire Ants. Won't say anything else, however.

Rensy

Colony
I think only the ants that are obtainable in the main story are given queens. The exception to this rule would be ones that you encounter in missions, such as the upcoming "Little Black Ants". Speaking of which, I have found a way to use those in an Ereptor colony the same way I did with Fire Ants. Won't say anything else, however.
Oh cmon!!! Why'd you have to say you got little black ants in an ereptor colony like you did with the fire ants?! The urge of asking you how you got them into the game is getting... Stronger......

Scyobi_Empire

Colony
Extremely Helpful Person
Ecosystem Beta Tester
Oh cmon!!! Why'd you have to say you got little black ants in an ereptor colony like you did with the fire ants?! The urge of asking you how you got them into the game is getting... Stronger......
He has a tutorial on save editing on Steam, however it is more then likely going to corrupt your save if done wrong.

TheRexYo

Queen
He has a tutorial on save editing on Steam, however it is more then likely going to corrupt your save if done wrong.
Yea, and the process is really hard. I haven't even made a guide for the more advanced methods, such as the one I used to get Army Ants and Fire Ants. So, it's not going to be easy. Especially since you'll need to make a backup.

Rensy

Colony
Yea, and the process is really hard. I haven't even made a guide for the more advanced methods, such as the one I used to get Army Ants and Fire Ants. So, it's not going to be easy. Especially since you'll need to make a backup.
NO NO, DON'T MAKE ME ASK, IT'S THE ONE THING YOU DON'T WANT ANYBODY TO DO, RIGHT??? I...NEED...TO...KNOWWWWWW............

MedinB

Colony
I feel like your ruining your own hype if you let the ants into your save, more hype = better experience right?!

pakitane16

Colony
I think this topic should end here guys. With how Mike not knowing about the peripheral species' abilities, you will most likely find only their models and basic moving animation, which were already shown.
If you want to try getting yout ultimate ereptor, you can follow TheRexYo's guide on steam, with the risk of breaking your game.