Screenshot Saturday - The Cow Killer

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
The red velvet ant (Dasymutilla occidentalis) is not actually an ant at all but is a kind of wingless wasp. She has a docile nature but if she's threatened her sting is so potent that the species has been called the "cow killer".

Expect to see her face off against your fire ants in Empires of the Undergrowth's upcoming 4th tier!

Rensy

Colony
OMG ASJHFBWHDASJMDNFHWASDJFUERJKSDGIHVJUIESLRUIGLHUERSHHUDUFUAISDOSUDBI;OIAHsPODHAGSODHASUOLFHDUSOHAOUISDL I'M SOAJSDJ ASDAEXJAJSCOK JW3HGTUERMAN HSUD MQAJSDM

Rensy

Colony
Will it sting? I hear its quite painful....
What do you think, Scyobi? Its of course gonna unleash its painful sting, its mentioned by mike here and its literally its only effective way of defense, but it could have a secondary type of attack though?

Scyobi_Empire

Colony
Extremely Helpful Person
Ecosystem Beta Tester
What do you think, Scyobi? Its of course gonna unleash its painful sting, its mentioned by mike here and its literally its only effective way of defense, but it could have a secondary type of attack though?
Formica Fusca preys acid, but that didn't make it into the game. Better to ask then assume, something I learnt long ago.

Rensy

Colony
Formica Fusca preys acid, but that didn't make it into the game. Better to ask then assume, something I learnt long ago.
I guess the fact about Formica Fusca shooting formic acid was not false then, i guess your right but it is its main way of defence, it would practically be helpless it were just non-stinging.