MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
This is the thread for the weekly Ecosystem screenshot Saturdays! As it stands individual threads are just making a mess of the forums so everything will be in here.

Tom has put some work into pathfinding for the creatures recently, allowing them to explore cave systems which they can't currently do in the demo. Should make the Ecosystem feel much more alive!

Last edited:

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Work is continuing on creature pathfinding, hence this test map with interconnecting caves. The creature on the right reminded us of a catfish with its whisker-like protrusions, what would you call it?

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
This week has seen further work on creature pathfinding. Work will soon begin on a creature editor for the game. this should add plenty of functionality - designing creatures then seeing how they evolve further!

In the meantime, enjoy this short video of a serene school of fish swimming near a rocky outcropping. It's been great fun seeing the different creatures you've all been evolving and we can't wait to see more.

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Tom has been putting work into the creature editor feature this week. This will allow you to tweak and design creatures the way you want them, then set them free in your marine Ecosystem to see how they evolve!

Tom Johnson

Queen
Developer of Ecosystem
Ecosystem Beta Tester
so you've kinda recreated spore in the game gg to you
Ha, thanks! When it comes to the creature creator, I think Spore did pretty well. Hopefully Slug Disco will stop me though if I start implementing ways for the fish to build spaceships

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
A bizarrely cute triple-limbed creature that evolved from a manually-edited one. The WIP creature editor will allow you to change what evolves in your marine #Ecosystem.