Slight Rebalances to The Promised Land

WaffleGuy

Colony
I heard somewhere on the discord that The Promised Land was going to be turned into an extra level, and if so, then I have some feedback. Otherwise, please disregard this post. Basically, I just thought it was too easy. And not in my standards, it's just that Bombardier beetles aren't that much of a threat in the later waves. They die as they enter your nest, before they get the chance to use their spray ability, even on insane mode. They are just free food delivered right to your door once you have enough ants. I guess it makes sense that they are a threat when you are out building bridges to the woodworm islands, but it still doesn't matter since they can't kill your queen, because of the reasons I mentioned above. Perhaps make the Bombardier beetles more numerous at the starting waves, or reduce the amount of free food going around.

I heard somewhere on the discord that The Promised Land was going to be turned into an extra level, and if so, then I have some feedback. Otherwise, please disregard this post. Basically, I just thought it was too easy. And not in my standards, it's just that Bombardier beetles aren't that much of a threat in the later waves. They die as they enter your nest, before they get the chance to use their spray ability, even on insane mode. They are just free food delivered right to your door once you have enough ants. I guess it makes sense that they are a threat when you are out building bridges to the woodworm islands, but it still doesn't matter since they can't kill your queen, because of the reasons I mentioned above. Perhaps make the Bombardier beetles more numerous at the starting waves, or reduce the amount of free food going around.
i also think it competely makes you mindlessly spam for the second half of the level

WaffleGuy

Colony
that's okay, but if a whole 1/5 of the campaign is going to be a spam...
This is the case with every formicarium ant type. Besides, fire ants are not actually as strong as they seem to be. Yes, they deal loads of damage, but they have low health. Basically, as a swarm, their weaknesses are other swarms and area damage units. You'll need the spitters to counter ants (with black ants to tank a bit more), and leafcutter majors to counter area damage. Fire ants are really just as useful and as different as the other species, so you won't ever need to be spamming them.