So... I got Fire Ants into my save

TheRexYo

Queen
So, everyone here remember how I made a means of hacking in other ant types into a new colony? I really like the idea, but I found something strange, and I figured I should warn the developers about it. I managed to find a way to get Fire Ants into my save, but I don't really know why it's a thing. I won't say any more because I don't want this to be common knowledge since it's not exactly my place to be causing an early fire ants release lol. Anyway, if anyone at SlugDisco wants information regarding how I did it (for patching purposes, perhaps), feel free to ask.

MedinB

Colony
I am not a hacker, programmer or anything like that so this is interesting. In fact, fire ants aren't even built in and are still in the Engine (not packaged) I recon to not share the information and just report it.

Rensy

Colony
does that mean you... you... Uh i probably shouldn't be asking questions but i'm just so curious. I... Will uhhhh....Try to hold my.....self from asking.....questions.

TheRexYo

Queen
I don't want this to be known to the public, I hope RexYo feels the same way.
Yeah, you're right. I said in this post I won't say anything unless SlugDisco asks me to. That's because it's their game, not mine. Sorry, CoolAnt. I'm here to warn the developers, not cause an early release. If you guys want to know what the Fire Ants are capable of, I might be able to run some combat tests and tell you. But I can't do anything more than that.

TheRexYo

Queen
does that mean you... you... Uh i probably shouldn't be asking questions but i'm just so curious. I... Will uhhhh....Try to hold my.....self from asking.....questions.
Questions are fine if they relate to the ants themselves, but I will not reveal the methods I used to get them. So ask away, if you're still interested.

MedinB

Colony
We still want to keep the hype up, I won't ask even anything. Not sure still when the Fire Ants will be added, hopefully in a few months? Anyways, thank you RexYo for not being a jerk and sharing this the steps.

Scyobi_Empire

Colony
Extremely Helpful Person
Ecosystem Beta Tester
Questions are fine if they relate to the ants themselves, but I will not reveal the methods I used to get them. So ask away, if you're still interested.
How big are they compared to an Ereptor Worker? Any level would be fine.

Rensy

Colony
Does that mean that you got fire ants, you got to play as them in freeplay, you got their missions, you got to test them out? Were they available as an AI colony? Did You enjoy it? Did you uhhhh.... Did you play an entire freeplay with them? Did you report this warning the devs to remove the file that allows you to play as them but you secretly thought "i'm gonna miss playing as them now". Did you do all of these? DID YOU? ADSHUAOIJASIUGWAOEDSFOIAUKDZSBOIFhdsyigvewaodsgyGYUIDSYIOZGFWOADS

Scyobi_Empire

Colony
Extremely Helpful Person
Ecosystem Beta Tester
Does that mean that you got fire ants, you got to play as them in freeplay, you got their missions, you got to test them out? Were they available as an AI colony? Did You enjoy it? Did you uhhhh.... Did you play an entire freeplay with them? Did you report this warning the devs to remove the file that allows you to play as them but you secretly thought "i'm gonna miss playing as them now". Did you do all of these? DID YOU? ADSHUAOIJASIUGWAOEDSFOIAUKDZSBOIFhdsyigvewaodsgyGYUIDSYIOZGFWOADS
Godzilla had a stoke reading this and Formicing Died

Rensy

Colony
TheRexYo... Uhhh will you answer my questions? Wait maybe he just wants us to ask questions and then he never answers them to keep the viewers of this discussion wondering what the fire ants can do. ANSWER!!!!!!!!!!! ANSWER! ANSWER! ANSWER!

TheRexYo

Queen
All I did was add them to one of my Formicarium saves, so that I could use them in new Freeplay saves. I didn't think it would work, but somehow... it did.