Some freeplay map ideas

pakitane16

Colony
1. The Crucibles:
Based on The Crucible demo mission. The colonies are on separated islands which they must go all the way around to attack each other. Each colony has access to the smae number of landmarks. Lowest section may be periodly flooded. Creatures will spawn from the lowest level and travel to the higher ground.
Crucible.jpg
2. The Maze:
Bad drawing. No water on this map. There will be strips of lands on the map that create lots of valleys and crevices. These crevices will be covered up by pieces of logs or blocked by breakable boulders. It will be less convenient to see all the creatures on the map. With leafcutter enabled, the map will be covered with plants that make camouflaging mantises and crickets unpredictable. Creatures will spawn beneath the logs and travel outward so you won't immediately see what's coming.
Undergrowth.jpg

I’m sorry but I have to tell you that the next map is not the fire ant, The next Formicarium tier is the Fire ant one, with probably two new maps as usual. Here we are talking about Freeplay And this is an amazing good idea. You did great job with your draws ! I really like the second map ! The maze is an awesome idea ! Also I have an idea too : I’m really in love with the beach levels of the wood ant tier, could be amazing to have freeplay map with sea, shrimps etc... keep your amazing job devs ! Maybe one day (far away!) we will have a map editor... who knows !

so cool I remember I read from them that it could be complicated to do so but it was long time ago, if they choose to do it it’s an amazingly good choice

I have a question for the dev team if they see it : would It be complicated to add some campaign maps to freeplay ? For example queen of the hill with same player positions but no flood, babysitting level in 1vs1 for example ? Actually I think those two maps are the only one which could be implemented in freeplay. Could be amazing and add more choice to players in freeplay

Last edited:

MedinB

Colony
1. The Crucibles:
Based on The Crucible demo mission. The colonies are on separated islands which they must go all the way around to attack each other. Each colony has access to the smae number of landmarks. Lowest section may be periodly flooded. Creatures will spawn from the lowest level and travel to the higher ground.
View attachment 1192
2. The Maze:
Bad drawing. No water on this map. There will be strips of lands on the map that create lots of valleys and crevices. These crevices will be covered up by pieces of logs or blocked by breakable boulders. It will be less convenient to see all the creatures on the map. With leafcutter enabled, the map will be covered with plants that make camouflaging mantises and crickets unpredictable. Creatures will spawn beneath the logs and travel outward so you won't immediately see what's coming.
View attachment 1196
I would like to see the maze the most.

person111

Colony
Ecosystem Beta Tester
1. The Crucibles:
View attachment 1192
2. The Maze:
View attachment 1196
I’d like to see the maze the most as well.