Some random thoughts and suggestions about the update:

pakitane16

Colony
These are just my random thoughts and suggestion about the new update:
- Little black ants are a bit too strong. Maybe their cost can be increased a bit: 30 to build, 3 to hatch. On the other hand, I don't really understand the purpose of big-headed ant media, maybe their stats and cost can be increased a bit more, up to about army ant media.
- I really like the enemies-digging-into-nest mechanic in tier 4. They can be prevented from the surface or underground, and camping chokepoints can't stop them. I hope there is more of this.
- Maybe add a hermit crab titan to 2.1. Half of it is in FC4 already. It can probably carry a fish around to eat and if you chase it away or kill it, you can take the rest. This can make people actively go out at night.
- In 2.2, aphids are too slow and they sleep at night, the main source of food is the night enemies on the surface. I think you should move the giant fish to the 3rd layer. Reduce the number of DCH beetles and ladybugs at night. Then, at 1st and 2nd night, you can have 2 choices: get the fish that are blocked by spiders and crabs or protect the aphids for next morning. Or you can ignore this and make aphids harvestable at night.
- New food reduction doesn't bother me. But if this is carried to freeplay, I think you should remove the food decrease on high difficulty and add a food increase instead. Of course the food increase should be slower than powerscaling.
- This is just a question, how is powerscaling calculated, as in how many percent stronger than the base enemies? Are the trapjaw ants in freeplay affected?
- The landmarks should be less bothersome to harvest from on higher difficulty. Maybe you can lower the number scaling of ladybugs and funnelweb spiders. I don't like the stray wood ants clogging the spawners, maybe you can use tiger beetle larvae and reuse the number-increase mechanic from funnelweb spider's nest.
- Do you plan to add rainforest and swamp enemies to attacking waves? How about making waves easier comparing to black ants instead of ereptor?
I'll add if I can think of more stuffs.

WaffleGuy

Colony
I don't really understand the purpose of big-headed ant media, maybe their stats and cost can be increased a bit more, up to about army ant media.
Though I don't know the actual reason behind them, I will give my own, simple reason: They look quite cool, especially since they are an intermediate between supersoldiers and workers.

get the fish that are blocked by spiders and crabs or protect the aphids for next morning.
I really like the fish idea, and although I don't support not protecting the aphids as they will be your main food source once the rebalance happens, the fish could be exactly like this and you would be able to send a third group out to gather, but only if you have enough ants.

i feel like BHA majors are cannon fodder, not for swarming and killing, but cannon fodder to harvest and protect supersoldiers, a lot of them will do a bit of damage while tanking a lot of the hits, and the supersoldiers will actually deal with bigger threats
asides from this part, i love the titan hermit crab suggestion