Still animals.

Rox4me

Larva
Ecosystem Beta Tester
I haven't seen any still creatures yet so I guess movement is forced. But maybe add a seperate spawn option for more niche creatures. In this way creatures wouldn't be forced to move but the player could still choose to have still species.

This is probably planned in some way already I would guess. For crustaceans and other things. But wanted to add patient predators to the list :D

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
They begin with random brains, which the AI then organises and tries to get them to move. It might take the AI a bit of time to get them moving but after a few generations of the AI doing things for you, you should see some creatures starting to move their random bodies with their slightly better organised brains.

Rox4me

Larva
Ecosystem Beta Tester
Yes, exactly. But my suggestion was for creatures who don't move to possibly exist.

Serafine

Queen
Backer
Beta Tester
Ecosystem Beta Tester
Something like Polyps* would be interesting - sessile creatures that grab or suck in nearby prey could be a good start for the development of lurking predators.

*Polyps are the immobile "plant-like" stage of Jellyfish, there are free-swimming Jellyfish that have done away with the polyp stage but many types of Jellyfish still only use the "Jellyfish stage" as a means of reproduction.
You basically get two creatures for the price of one. They'd also be a great way to introduce seasons (via a seasonal Jellyfish bloom).

Rox4me

Larva
Ecosystem Beta Tester
I wonder if they could develop such traits without changing the current formula? Though i think they are forced to be able to move because of current nutriotion requriments.