Stuck at saving species

Agape

Larva
Ecosystem Beta Tester
Hi Tom!
I just found your game today, and I like it a lot. It's amazing how those fishy creatures learn to survive.
I liked one in particular, and I wanted to save it. I clicked the save icon, and the black surrounding appeared, then I clicked "select". Sound informed me that something happened, but I could not go out of that saving screen. ESC, Enter, "save" or "cancel" nothing worked, and I was forced to close the game.
It turned out that species were saved, but when I tried to save another one, the same situation occurred. Sometimes it works, but in half cases, I need to restart the game.
I am doing something wrong, or it's a bug?

Tom Johnson

Queen
Developer of Ecosystem
Ecosystem Beta Tester
Hi Tom!
I just found your game today, and I like it a lot. It's amazing how those fishy creatures learn to survive.
I liked one in particular, and I wanted to save it. I clicked the save icon, and the black surrounding appeared, then I clicked "select". Sound informed me that something happened, but I could not go out of that saving screen. ESC, Enter, "save" or "cancel" nothing worked, and I was forced to close the game.
It turned out that species were saved, but when I tried to save another one, the same situation occurred. Sometimes it works, but in half cases, I need to restart the game.
I am doing something wrong, or it's a bug?
Hi Agape! I'm sorry for the late reply to your post. I've been working on a fluid simulation this week (so that eggs, plankton, and plant seeds can flow on current) and I got so wrapped up in it that I forgot to check in at the forums. It definitely sounds like you ran into a bug, and a rather bad one at that - sorry about that. I will do my best to reproduce and fix it as soon as I can. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.