[Suggestion] {2020-03-15 17:11:41 Build} Breeding screen, sort potential child on number of unique alleles

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
For when one is trying to breed new alleles into their 'main' beetle genome. Sorting the potential child on the number of unque alleles passed on seems very useful for that I think?

For when one is trying to breed new alleles into their 'main' beetle genome. Sorting the potential child on the number of unque alleles passed on seems very useful for that I think?
maybe but if they do that I'll have spent hours counting those alleles for no reason

DarrinIocane

Larva
Developer of Beetle Uprising
V-Ant, you're going to be sad when you find out that later, tougher missions give eggs that include lower tier alleles as well as new unique alleles. The "unique" flag is relative to your current collection, not overall through the entire game. So you don't have to be *that* OCD. :)

V-Ant, you're going to be sad when you find out that later, tougher missions give eggs that include lower tier alleles as well as new unique alleles. The "unique" flag is relative to your current collection, not overall through the entire game. So you don't have to be *that* OCD. :)
I know but I've reached tier 100 on strenght - regeneration - health - armor (but it seems to be locked at 99) and 90 on ferocity because I don't seem to be able to get more of it (even though I've got some 100 it seems you can't get in the same time the other stats maxed and a full ferocity) and as far as I've seen you can't get more than 100 in a stat
Can you explain what causes hours of counting when offspring is sorted on number of unique alleles?
well I've spent 33 hours on my weekend breeding my best beetles to get them to full upgrade, so I was often counting the number of "unique" alleles to be sure I wasn't downgrading my beetles (and spending too much goop

DarrinIocane

Larva
There is a genetic feedback system. If you go very high on one stat, it can downgrade another. E.g. you can get 100 ferocity, but you have give up something else (speed?). It works this way in real life, as genes trade off against each other. You might look in the manual to see a little discussion of that. But we expected the community to work it out and share with each other "best" builds.

There is a genetic feedback system. If you go very high on one stat, it can downgrade another. E.g. you can get 100 ferocity, but you have give up something else (speed?). It works this way in real life, as genes trade off against each other. You might look in the manual to see a little discussion of that. But we expected the community to work it out and share with each other "best" builds.
that's great, it's like the cognitive trade off hypothesis, I think I'll try to downgrade the perception, about that I think the perception might need some balance, it can even be a problem for example if your beetles attack a stronger group that they would not have attacked without the perception, maybe it could be solved by increasing attack range when adding perception instead of only increasing their detection range

FranzIocane

Larva
that's great, it's like the cognitive trade off hypothesis, I think I'll try to downgrade the perception, about that I think the perception might need some balance, it can even be a problem for example if your beetles attack a stronger group that they would not have attacked without the perception, maybe it could be solved by increasing attack range when adding perception instead of only increasing their detection range

Perception is definitely a mixed bag. When they charge after things you don't even see, the Shift-Click is your only good rubber band. The thing about Perception is that it's absolute best value is successful Scouting.... and not dying during the process. Being able to pick and choose Tasks easily and well matched outings to the right beetle I find to be crucial. I have a magic ability unrivaled in Icocane history for getting my scouts killed early and irrationally. If only it worked on the Lottery.