Suggestion: Ant Rebalance

TheRexYo

Queen
If you've tried the extra level "Babysitting", you'd know how risky building Wood Ant Melees can be. They have a very weak attack, and aren't exactly the fastest attackers either. The one major thing they have going for them is their health, which is a bit higher than a standard Black Ant Soldier. I have an idea that might make them worthwhile, however.

As you may know, Leafcutter Majors have an innate "threat generator" that makes them more likely to be targeted by enemies. What you might not know is that this effect also impacts Wood Ant Melees. However, the Melees have such a small threat generator (0.1 compared to the 0.3 of the Major, increasing to 0.15 at level 3) that it's almost negligible. What I suggest is that the Melee's threat generation be increased to approximately 0.2 at base, 0.3 at level 2, and 0.4 at level 3, allowing them to fulfill their purpose of tanking damage much more efficiently.

That's all. Have a good day! :)

Scyobi_Empire

Colony
Extremely Helpful Person
Ecosystem Beta Tester
If you've tried the extra level "Babysitting", you'd know how risky building Wood Ant Melees can be. They have a very weak attack, and aren't exactly the fastest attackers either. The one major thing they have going for them is their health, which is a bit higher than a standard Black Ant Soldier. I have an idea that might make them worthwhile, however.

As you may know, Leafcutter Majors have an innate "threat generator" that makes them more likely to be targeted by enemies. What you might not know is that this effect also impacts Wood Ant Melees. However, the Melees have such a small threat generator (0.1 compared to the 0.3 of the Major, increasing to 0.15 at level 3) that it's almost negligible. What I suggest is that the Melee's threat generation be increased to approximately 0.2 at base, 0.3 at level 2, and 0.4 at level 3, allowing them to fulfill their purpose of tanking damage much more efficiently.

That's all. Have a good day! :)
It would give a point to using them, not just building 10 then an army of workers.