[Suggestion] Have "Non-Cheating" AI start with no prebuilt / partially dug-out nest

TheRexYo

Queen
The "Non-Cheating" AI starts with partially dug-out nest, despite supposedly being "Cheat Free". I'd like to play against an AI with a similar start to my own, so that I can get a feel for what it'd be like to play against another player without actually having multiplayer released. This is why I think that it should simply start the same way as a player. It would improve the feel of the early-game greatly, as I usually end up relying on my AI allies to actually compete since they start off with a slight advantage while I do not.

MedinB

Colony
The "Non-Cheating" AI starts with partially dug-out nest, despite supposedly being "Cheat Free". I'd like to play against an AI with a similar start to my own, so that I can get a feel for what it'd be like to play against another player without actually having multiplayer released. This is why I think that it should simply start the same way as a player. It would improve the feel of the early-game greatly, as I usually end up relying on my AI allies to actually compete since they start off with a slight advantage while I do not.
The AI isn't the smartest. I am certain, it'll be a feature when ready. Right now, the AI needs help because it can kill itself early on and not get the appropriate amount of food to thrive. So not immediately added.

Last edited:

TheRexYo

Queen
Right now, the AI needs help because it may go to food with enemies dying out. So not immediately added.
Good point. I never thought about the fact that the AI isn't fully ready yet. However, (in my opinion) it's best to test the AI as-is so that we can give proper feedback to the developers. Obviously they'll need help if the AI is released before it's ready, but if the beta lasts until it is finished, then it's probably better to allow us to test the AI in its current state so we can help improve it.

Mr_Ced

Colony
The developers were actually working on a set of systems to make them play like actual players. They would need to plan their entire nest and dig out caverns underground for starting food.

MedinB

Colony
The developers were actually working on a set of systems to make them play like actual players. They would need to plan their entire nest and dig out caverns underground for starting food.
Yep. I bet maybe something called “Scratch” or something. When designing its own nest, it digs out food, chambers it's A OWN way.

person111

Colony
Ecosystem Beta Tester
Yeah, there could also be 2 modes that have ant nests in them, there might be a hard mode where they start with extra workers and they already dug out the nest and 1 mode which is called realistic that have normal worker ants and they have to dig out their own nest instead of having an already opened opening.