Suggestion: "Invaders" Extra Level

Okay, here's my idea, you play as a colony of solenopsis xyloni Southern Fire ants in the swamps of North Carolina.

Story: This colony of solenopsis xyloni Southern Fire ants has established itself as a rising power in the Undergrowth. But little does it know, several colonies of solenopsis invicta Red Imported Fire ants are attempting to establish themselves nearby. If they are allowed to rise to power, they will quickly outnumber, overwhelm, and overpower the xyloni. They must be eliminated quickly!

Mechanics: The xyloni are smaller and weaker then the invicta, with their soldiers losing in a one on one fight, so the player must build numbers in the beginning phase before the invicta begin to appear. The workers and soldiers cost less, so building numbers should be easy. What complicates this, is when the invicta colonies appear, there are several. The player must strategically choose which invicta colony is the largest threat and eliminate them in order, continuing to grow and build numbers to stay ahead of the rapidly growing invaders. Accounting on the difficulty, the player will have a certain number of minutes in the beginning phase to build numbers, and the higher the difficulty, the smarter the AI will be on the enemy colonies. As well of this, above and below ground predators will increase, and will give less food.

The idea was that you play as a native colony of ants that is at every disadvantage against a more dominant, invasive colony!

I hope I get some support for this idea and the devs make this happen <3. For the devs, if you like my idea and want to discuss more, my Discord is MemeLordSin#3914

Last edited:

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
I like this idea quite a lot, partly because it understands the point that extra levels use existing assets - and just about everything in this idea can be made from a modified form of the assets we'll have after the fire ant tier is released.

Antlover556

Worker
But mike the xyloni was not mentioned in the newsletter or on the forum does this mean that xyloni will be in the fire ant update

pakitane16

Colony
But mike the xyloni was not mentioned in the newsletter or on the forum does this mean that xyloni will be in the fire ant update
No. He just likes the idea of a native ant colony playing divide and conquer against a more dominant, invasive colony. The S.xyloni can be easily replaced with a planned species from future missions.

No. He just likes the idea of a native ant colony playing divide and conquer against a more dominant, invasive colony. The S.xyloni can be easily replaced with a planned species from future missions.
My idea was is that they pretty much just use the models from S. Invicta from the Fire ant levels and simply make them smaller and change their colors and stats to make S. Xyloni

Antlover556

Worker
Oh ok cool
My idea was is that they pretty much just use the models from S. Invicta from the Fire ant levels and simply make them smaller and change their colors and stats to make S. Xyloni
.but what color would they be ,and since the invicta are going to be small how small would xyloni be.