Suggestion : Mutations

So, as the title says, I think there should be a mutation system, because it is realistic but more importantly because it would balance a few issues that I have got with the game, so, it would work as a random upgrade or downgrade of a random gene and the closer the parents are genetically the more mutations there would be it would make the game way more dynamic because currently, even if you have like 2 beetles you can reproduce them indifinately and you will end up with an perfectly stable specie which is not really realistic, also, in end game, your species often hit a kind of ceiling, so having mutations would allow you to downgrade some stats, as currently there aren't any way of reliably downgrading stats, it would make end game a lot easier

So, as the title says, I think there should be a mutation system, because it is realistic but more importantly because it would balance a few issues that I have got with the game, so, it would work as a random upgrade or downgrade of a random gene and the closer the parents are genetically the more mutations there would be it would make the game way more dynamic because currently, even if you have like 2 beetles you can reproduce them indifinately and you will end up with an perfectly stable specie which is not really realistic, also, in end game, your species often hit a kind of ceiling, so having mutations would allow you to downgrade some stats, as currently there aren't any way of reliably downgrading stats, it would make end game a lot easier
Shouldn't this be in beetle uprising community?

DarrinIocane

Larva
Developer of Beetle Uprising
...in end game, your species often hit a kind of ceiling, so having mutations would allow you to downgrade some stats, as currently there aren't any way of reliably downgrading stats, it would make end game a lot easier
If you want to downgrade your collection, you can go back and get an egg by winning an earlier mission. It will have weaker genes. When bred with an end-game beetle, only half the chromosomes come from each parent, so you'll wind up with offspring with lower stats, which you can breed up again, focusing on the ones you now care about.

The game does model cross-over, which is a bit like mutation, in that the chromosome is broken and reassembled. In real life, a mutation can result in production of defective amino acids and proteins in the cell, which can often be fatal. Most mutations are from poor copying of chromosomes (duplicate and missing base pairs, or sequences during reproduction). We like to think that cosmic rays or radiation cause reproductive mutations, but I believe that is very rare. Probably more rare than virus induced mutation (which is part of gene therapy, interestingly). I don't believe we have plans to model all that in the game.