Suggestion: Unit choice For army ants or driver ants in counterpart colony in freeplay

Rensy

Colony
So in this suggestion, you will be able to select a unit choice between Eciton Burcheli Army ant or Dorylus Gribodi Driver ant, This can be made before or after fire ant update, Because obviously, we will need different models, and i think Matt is always going to be working on fire ants until the update is finished, but i guess he can spare time if its ok for him and the other 2 developers. But now lets get into the suggestion, the driver ant majors do slightly, and i mean very slightly more damage than army ant major, but for good reason, because instead of buffing damage, they buff speed (how fast they move and their attack speed), it takes less time for driver ant major to start buffing the other ants speed, and it lasts longer, their should be some sort of signaling of when the driver ant majors start buffing, blue color seems to weird, red i would like to leave for army ant majors, but i guess its the developers choice. Also changing to Driver ant unit option also changes army ant media to driver ant media, i didn't include it because it was just like any ordinary soldier, just it would have the same exact model for driver ant major, just with different mandible shape. Its ok if the developers decide they should make the driver ant major the same as army ant major with same stats and same buffing damage abilities, but it would make the unit choice less special, but i guess developers choice. And suggestions rarely can get added from what i can see atleast, and i understand, that some suggestions the developers just don't like or coding would be too hard, but its worth trying!

pakitane16

Colony
You are suggesting an entire new species (new model, new stat, new ability). Unless they are actually in the 5th tier, I don't think they will ever be touched till after EA.
and i think Matt is always going to be working on fire ants until the update is finished, but i guess he can spare time if its ok for him and the other 2 developers.
According to latest stream, Matt is making models and animation for ant-shaped creatures for both 4th and 5th tier at the same time. They planned to update 5th tier shortly after 4th tier.

Rensy

Colony
You are suggesting an entire new species (new model, new stat, new ability). Unless they are actually in the 5th tier, I don't think they will ever be touched till after EA.

According to latest stream, Matt is making models and animation for ant-shaped creatures for both 4th and 5th tier at the same time. They planned to update 5th tier shortly after 4th tier.
I knew they Matt, Liam and possibly John was working both on 4th and 5th tier update, but its a nice suggestion, it would only be used in counterpart colony in freeplay, and i did say that if they could do it and wanted to do it, then they can also create it at anytime, most likely after early access. Still, thanks for the extra info.

Scyobi_Empire

Colony
Extremely Helpful Person
Ecosystem Beta Tester
Driver ants are too different for them to reuse assets from another ant, why not Eciton Hamatum? They have slightly longer mandibles and are a bit taller.

Rensy

Colony
Driver ants are too different for them to reuse assets from another ant, why not Eciton Hamatum? They have slightly longer mandibles and are a bit taller.
Yeah, but its a game, freeplay isn't as naturalistic compared to the campaign levels (atleast to me) and since this suggestion applies only to freeplay and no other level (or perhaps just a single extra level with it?). Regardless, its not a duty for the developers to add, it would just make me more happy if they added it.