The Ants - app in app store

Scyobi_Empire

Colony
Extremely Helpful Person
Ecosystem Beta Tester
Oh god, thanks for telling me. I thought I was about to buy EoTU but rereading the Forums I see it is Empires in The Undergrowth, ty so much OP!

/s
Edit: Yes my jokes suck

Last edited:

MedinB

Colony
ice_screenshot_20210514-154436.png
Image Above - I found a game called Planet Ant on the app store, the queen's art style looks so similar to EOTU, it looks obviously very similar. Or is it just me? Take a look. Is this relating to it?

pakitane16

Colony
View attachment 1326
Image Above - I found a game called Planet Ant on the app store, the queen's art style looks so similar to EOTU, it looks obviously very similar. Or is it just me? Take a look. Is this relating to it?
EotU's Formica fusca queen is stylized. Her flat head is so distinct that you can immediately recognize that this is a rip off. If anyone designed the queen from scratch, she should look similar to EotU's wood ant queen instead.

Scyobi_Empire

Colony
Extremely Helpful Person
Ecosystem Beta Tester
EotU's Formica fusca queen is stylized. Her flat head is so distinct that you can immediately recognize that this is a rip off. If anyone designed the queen from scratch, she should look similar to EotU's wood ant queen instead.
1621072390097.png
Fusca Queens have flat heads in real life, and EoTU's art style is fairly common. Stylised Realism, many ant games use it.
This is Ant Queen 3D's queen (just ignore the rest of the image, I took it from a thumbnail)
AQ3D.jpg
The queen also has a flat head.

If a game was copying EoTU (read: not using Stylised Realism), it would be this:
https://apkfab.com/undergrowth-empires/com.empunderantsinc.underemp

Please note, this is most likely a Trojan.
Edit: Undergrowth Empires even has the old story line, with Nomadic Ereptors.

Star Rider

Worker
Oh god, thanks for telling me. I thought I was about to buy EoTU but rereading the Forums I see it is Empires in The Undergrowth, ty so much OP!

/s
Edit: Yes my jokes suck
You're right, I guess I was too quick to judge. It was just the angle of the graphics, the honeycomb-shape for digging inside the map, the popping up of enemies and food after digging in markers on the map, the putting together of groups for attacking... that set me off. However, how else would a game about ants be... my bad. :( And yes, the name really is "The Ants: Underground Kingdom".
Mostly I was just frustrated because this mobile game is plain boring and not as fun as EotU... I guess I just wanted to "warn" you so the app won't get any more downloads - because the commercial for the app is really promising.

Last edited:

Scyobi_Empire

Colony
Extremely Helpful Person
Ecosystem Beta Tester
You're right, I guess I was too quick to judge. It was just the angle of the graphics, the honeycomb-shape for digging inside the map, the popping up of enemies and food after digging in markers on the map, the putting together of groups for attacking... that set me off. However, how else would a game about ants be... my bad. :( And yes, the name really is "The Ants: Underground Kingdom".
Mostly I was just frustrated because this mobile game is plain boring and not as fun as EotU... I guess I just wanted to "warn" you so the app won't get any more downloads - because the commercial for the app is really promising.
I was joking about how many times I write EiTU instead of EoTU, the post that I made was jabbing at myself.

It is a shame that there aren't many ant games, boardgames like March of The Ants are outliers.

qawaak

Larva
Hello Scyobi, if you are looking for a very good game with ants, I suggest you "les fourmis"
Most people spoke about the Werber's books but I guess they don't know that there was a PC game.
If I'm not wrong; i think you can even play as termit or wasp in freeplay :

It's awful that you had a negative It's awful that you had a negative experience with the app game you downloaded. Keep in mind that there can be similarities in graphics or game engines between different apps. This is because they may be developed by different teams that utilize similar resources. If you're interested in finding other insect-themed games, you may want to do a quick search online. You should also check out different app stores to see what options are available. Additionally, https://smartengines.com/ offers a range of advanced software solutions for document recognition and data capture. If you're interested, you can check out their website for more info.with the app game you downloaded. Keep in mind that there can be similarities in graphics or game engines between different apps.

Last edited: