THE FIRE ANT UPDATE IS SICKKKKKKKK

WaffleGuy

Colony
From what I've seen on YouTube, I concur. They put so much effort to flesh it out and it's all payed off. It's really worth the hype and wait.

Scyobi_Empire

Colony
Extremely Helpful Person
Ecosystem Beta Tester
I agree with this thread, by a lot. Tier 4 was amazing! I'm very curious what is going to happen next, especially after beating challenge 4.
It was well worth the wait.
I have yet to see anything from FC4, been grinding out jelly, food and space. From what I hear, it is quite good.

Hello :)

Level 4.1 Cold-blooded: I have a large supply of food and enough room for over a hundred fire ants. Unfortunately I lost half of my ants. The hatching of new ants is very slow. It's a lot slower than what I was used to before the Fire Ant update. It's as if all the larvae share a common cool down.

Any hints?

MedinB

Colony
Hello :)

Level 4.1 Cold-blooded: I have a large supply of food and enough room for over a hundred fire ants. Unfortunately I lost half of my ants. The hatching of new ants is very slow. It's a lot slower than what I was used to before the Fire Ant update. It's as if all the larvae share a common cool down.

Any hints?
Hi there! I am not sure about this one. How much longer do you think it does take for the larvae to develop? I didn't really notice any change on how slow the ants hatch. Make sure you have plenty of workers in the nest group, this makes sure your workers are constantly placing eggs and will make sure you have constant reinforcements coming.

If this isn't the appropriate fix, I'm not sure myself how to fix this.

Thank you for your reply :)

I had between 7 and 15 workers in the nest group. Now that I think about it... I had two food chambers and one was far away from an ant chamber. Perhaps this had made the situation worse.

I will try to put more workers there next time!

Hi there! I am not sure about this one. How much longer do you think it does take for the larvae to develop? I didn't really notice any change on how slow the ants hatch. Make sure you have plenty of workers in the nest group, this makes sure your workers are constantly placing eggs and will make sure you have constant reinforcements coming.

If this isn't the appropriate fix, I'm not sure myself how to fix this.

It worked perfectly: I built two large fire ant chambers next to the queen and made sure to always have more than ten workers in the nest group. Thanks!