The lazy and easy game

VarmintLP

Queen
Backer
Hello there my fellow antlovers,

First of all I love this game and I am so happy to have the chance to have found it last year and to play it. I was a bit disappointed when the game came out without a useful continued play mode but now it's out there. I'm an Antkeeper myself and I also don't mind sharing some information about ants with the team if they want to know more. :D

I would sugguest that you add the colony Messor Barbarus or something similar to the game. ;D
You can get some live footage of mine.

Anyway. This is a bug thread so I will tell you all about it.
I was playing a round of the second mission in the story mode to make my colonies stronger in the free play mode because I used my own colony which actually needs stronger wood workers but they weren't leveled up in the original colony. So what did I have to do? You are right!! Getting more royal jelly to get some power ups.

Now what is the bug. It's basicly not a real bug but something that was not thought of. The mission 2.2 requires that you survive for 4 days on a beach with two other colonies which need the high ground.
DependableZanyGrub-size_restricted.gif

Since I have the high ground, they are doomed anyway because
2i1jky.png

+
giphy.gif

What I'm trying to tell you is that you can win the mission on Insane with a 100% cleared map (-Entrance) and as many workers and black ants, etc as you can buy for the food without dealing with those non high ground peasants.

I noticed, that the time is continuing to pass while the door is still closed so I could actually just chill for those 4 days with my queen and her 7 nanitics. They would have food for days (literally) and would be realisticly founding the colony.

So the buy is that you can finish the mission just waiting and probably the same goes for the other maps. It's rather boring to tell you the truth and through out the whole process the game starts dropping FPS due to the amount of ants on the outside of the nest. No idea if they were still waiting there during the night or not but during the first try I was not going to let those peasants in. I love my highground and I prefer it enemie ants free.

I noticed something else tho. After the last day had past and the mission was over I decided to stay for a bit longer, just to watch them a bit more. So at the end of the mission I still had the closed entrance but I was on the outside world map. Wierd was that the workers were able to excite although the door was closed. Sadly they all died cause I mistakenly had placed the marker in the water :C

But they were able to exit the nest without an open door. A cheater could somehow manage to place the marker on the outside of the world and make the workers go collect some stuff without having to deal with the outside dangers. Perhaps you could have a look on it. If you want I could record you a round of this so you can see for yourself. :D

Hope you can find a suitable solution for this issue.

Best regards,
VarmintLP / Nico

P.S.: Sorry for the long post. Have a potatoe. Only some people will get this. Sorry for the rest ;D
4e8.gif

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Which levels are letting you stay under?

2.1 and 2.2 should have the nest dug out by attacking enemies, which does occur on 2.1 at least.

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
It appears that you cannot send your ants out if the nest is closed, as this instantly kills anything going outside.

As for the ants from the lower-ground, they seem to fail to path to the nest, and they end up dying to the flood waters. Thus, they can dig it out, they just don't. More specifically, they stop moving at their nest entrances.

VarmintLP

Queen
Backer
Seems as if you have figured something out then. Btw the ants have probably waited arround the entrance because the game started to drop a lot of frames. From 60 down to arround 8 and even 5 until the last day had past which ends the mission. It might be that the workers have died while trying to exit but I cannot tell yet. I've seen however that they are also able to just walk through the entrance not to leave the nest but because it's not like a wall so they use it as a normal empty space for their path.

Hopefully you will be able to figure out how to solve it. I will try to help you guys of course to improve the game and I will surely do a stream on twitch or something. You know for the antlovers out there. :D

Please let me know if I can be of any help for you and the further development of the game. I'm thinking of course about sharing my knowledge and the bugs I might find. :D

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Thanks a lot dude. Great find.

Definitely an update between the last time I tested this and now is the culprit, although no idea what it could have been. Maybe since freeplay enemies don't dig out the nest.

VarmintLP

Queen
Backer
Was there an update in between the beginning of this post and now? If so I must have missed that but if not then it probably still works. And it was definetly in the mission and not in the new free mode. Although in freemode it wouldn't work since there are still the walls which stand between the nest and the entrance.

But anyway. I can check again later if I can find the time to verify this with both missions and give you a quick feedback in her. :D

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Naw, this is something I attempted to do maybe half a year ago, and it didn't work (enemies would just dig their way in). Some change between then and now has broken pathing to the nest entrance.