Tiger beetles not attacking hermit crabs?

Rensy

Colony
So i was in freeplay, towhead and all of a sudden i see a hermit crab walking peacfully along a large group of tiger beetles. Also another hermit crab was not even touched by a tiger beetle. Fix the bug!

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
I think (but it's only a guess, I have not seen the source code) the environment creatures attack each other because they are in different teams. I think when an environment creature is spawned, it is assigned to the same team its pack is assigned to. And because the number of teams is limited, this causes some packs (and therefor their creatures) to be in the same team, resulting in them not attacking eachother.

pakitane16

Colony
This sounds similar to 3.2 when some creatures only fight each other when there are too many stuffs on the map. How was your difficulty Rensy, how crowded is your map?

Rensy

Colony
This sounds similar to 3.2 when some creatures only fight each other when there are too many stuffs on the map. How was your difficulty Rensy, how crowded is your map?
It was fog of war and i did not explore much of the map, but i imagine that it was pretty crowded.

Last edited: