Update frequency / plans

Granogg

Worker
Hello, hello :)

Will we get some information about the planned update frequency? Like, can we expect an update every 2, 4 or 8 weeks with one or two new levels? What features are going to be released first, e.g. sandbox or more campaign levels?

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Nothing confirmed right now but you can probably expect something like a big content updated every 6-8 weeks. We'll be talking about our exact plans for this over the weekend.

The first thing likely to be added next is freeplay mode in a basic form - updates to that can happen fairly frequently since they'll be small and incremental. As you can see from the way we've set up formicarium mode, it's modular so 2 levels plus a formicarium challenge, and we can continue from there.

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
AntsAreAwesome said:
I hope fire ants are planned.

May I point you to this succesful Kickstarter stretch goal:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/eotu/empires-of-the-undergrowth-rise-of-the-colony/posts/1569292

It may be a while off but they'll be in.

Granogg

Worker
Dear Mike,

thanks for the answer! 6-8 weeks between content updates sounds quite reasonable. I hope the game sells well enough to allow for a lot to come :D I still dream of dozens of ant races being playable... :)

AntsAreAwesome

Worker
Backer
Glad to see one of my favorite species of ants coming to this game. I love to observe these pretty ladies in my terrarium. I think the bridges is a good idea, but fire ants are really known for their painful sting. Maybe you could make it to where when the fire ants sting it causes a reduction in defense, aggression, or maybe even confusion like the coach horse does. And maybe you could make them cheaper than most other ants because of the shear amount of Ants this species can produce. Just a suggestion.