Wiki Suggestion

pakitane16

Colony
I suggest a small wiki section about stats, abilities and upgrades for now. Other in real life information, ingame ideas, pictures can come later when the game is done. For examples,
- Wood ant section will have: stats including HP, damage, attacking speed, walking speed, amount of food that can be carried, stats after upgrade.
- Rove Beetle section will have: stats including HP, damage, attacking speed, walking speed, amount of food that drops, abilities like how much damage or what that spray does.
You can hide those info until you encounter those species. I think this should make planning for hard mode or formicarium challenge better.

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
You can hide those info until you encounter those species. I think this should make planning for hard mode or formicarium challenge better.

Definitely a good way of preventing spoilers is to require the player kill one of them (and that particular size) first. Would also make it a good goal to aim for.

I suggest a small wiki section about stats, abilities and upgrades for now. Other in real life information, ingame ideas, pictures can come later when the game is done. For examples,
- Wood ant section will have: stats including HP, damage, attacking speed, walking speed, amount of food that can be carried, stats after upgrade.
- Rove Beetle section will have: stats including HP, damage, attacking speed, walking speed, amount of food that drops, abilities like how much damage or what that spray does.
Great Idea.
This is pretty much the plan.
Have you considered turning it in to a challenge system for players? Set mini goals to unlock the stats over time. Eg. After taking down 1 Rove beetle you unlock HP stat, 3 you unlock attack damage, 5 attack speed etc until you build a full description of the enemies you face based on extended experience fighting them. How you balance that out I'm not sure as we take down quite a few.
That's something that could be implemented and even expanded on later depending on what your plans are for the game.
For instance, after taking down 100 or 1000 beetles you could unlock additional content such as a mini level as a beetle or something.
Just additional ideas to consider.