[Wishes] A few things :D

Granogg

Worker
So here is my "I wish" thread!

* I wish for larger maps, as in - WOW, so large. Maybe even procedurally generated!

* Of course to populate that, I also wish to be able to have thousands or tens of thousands ants later in the game (or on a huge endless mode). That sould make for some epic battles if army ants and leafcutters battle it out over a large patch of land ...

* Multi-level underground. Either the ability to dig chambers "deeper" or have access to lower levels for a larger nest, maybe "elevator style". But not only larger, also deeper.

* The ability to move the queen deeper or somewhere else in the nest. It is both in reality and in the game not wise to have the queen sitting conveniently close to the nest entrance so she is even more in danger. Also it feels so "static" for something as organic as an ant hive ... come on, fat lady, move!

* When founding a new colony: Start with a queen and pick the location where to dig the entry instead of having a pre-set location. That opens a wide variety of new play options (Settle right next to a huge food source but also dangerously close to an already established rival colony? Or rather in the "Hinterlands" where there is only a few lice for honey dew but also relatively little dangers?). Kinda like in SimAnt.

* Lots more that I'll post some other day ;)

Don't ant hills branch off from a main route? Couldn't you mimic that with an elevator style? I like your thoughts

The multi level idea is cool, but implementation seems difficult. I don't think the game is optimized to a point where any of that is feasible rn though o_O

Kaien_Saerin

Worker
Backer
generally the queen digs itself a little hole and begins to brood, so it makes sense that the queen is fairly close too the entrance. But moving the queen would make things a lot easyier in terms of gameplay and more realistic. I believe the issue with this is the system getting it from point a to b. is harder then we'd think to implement.

Some ants have active queens that actually hunt, Pharoh Ants. Most queens don't just become like termite queens and don't move they either move on their own, or is moved by workers. Even in game formica fusa and rufa both had their queens leave their nest, but that is an in game event, but if it can be implemented