Recent content by b0nedaddy

1. B

Backers and Beta Backers

I backed through the website
  2. B

It's probably just me but..

There is a "show creature info" checkbox in the settings menu. I think that's what its called
  3. B

Some Suggestions

You can do that against every other enemy just by setting a marker for a group that has a lot of ants... Having bugs that you have to use alternate strategies against (since you cant just block your choke 300 style against the spiders) makes sense from a game design perspective
  4. B

Other Species

lul
  5. B

Pheromone Trails, not just markers

It would be cool to set pheromone trails rather than markers, like maybe you can right click just to set a yellow marker that acts like the existing kind of rally point, or if you want to avoid dangers or obstacles using a specific path you could shift+right click to set a series of markers the...
  6. B

Game Balancing

I'll say that i would be disappointed if we are only getting 2 levels with each ant species. Also it would be cool if each ant species on the island had an intersecting story with Formica Ereptor, or at least one species story transitions into the next in some way. Right now the gameplay is...
  7. B

Urban setting/human dwelling

Exactly! Perhaps even things like poison bait between your colony and a food source, so you have to path around the traps otherwise your ants automatically are drawn to the bait and die. Sounds tedious to me, but in a fun kind of way!
  8. B

Some Suggestions

Developers said no building walls to discourage turtling, and the spiders have an ability to let them move through enemies so no meat wall blocking. On this topic though...I recently played through dungeons 3, and in the underground on that game you COULD build walls, with the stipulation that...
  9. B

Bad balancing and the grind

Also regarding the mole crickets, they attack in a wave and then a single cricket after that, and then another wave etc. Advance in the map after the big wave, that way if your army is busy for the next attack, the queen will be taking less damage until your army gets there, and often random...
  10. B

do the tech tree augmentations add upgrades to all of the levels we do

Compared to hard and insane, the formicarium missions are a breeze.
  11. B

Urban setting/human dwelling

One thing is like to see is maybe a level where you are invading a human home, or maybe some kind of urban setting. Avoiding detection or maybe even having to avoid footsteps feels like it would just be so epic! Do you have any plans for this type of stage?
  12. B

[Wishes] A few things :D

The multi level idea is cool, but implementation seems difficult. I don't think the game is optimized to a point where any of that is feasible rn though o.O
  13. B

Redmoth I found that strength in numbers holds some merit. Micro your ants to different trails, and instead of going head first into a room, position your ants in a big room, and dig into all the enemies from there. Setup and ambush in the big room, let the workers open a room and consequently...
  14. B

I'm currently working on 1.2 insane, and have finished my hard play through. I would say gitgud, but that would be rude and I would only say it for the memes. There is some strategy talks in general discussion if you need help. I will say that you need to try different strategies to progress...
  15. B

What if you don't dig to the surface?

I did that on 2.2, and whenever the timed attacks trigger the enemy ants will dig out your entrance for you. Very rude, I say. Didn't even knock or call first.