Search results

1. G

Jumping Spider funsies

It would be a formidable enemy if it hid under the leaves of the plants and pressing ctrl won't display its stats until it jumped to your ants. Though it should be a fast long jump than high jump. Either way, in late game it would just be a suicide bomber of sorts, like the wolf spiders.
  2. G

Screen Shot Saturday - Ecuador

Nice. But I do hope in the future, there will be variations of ant mounds and hills which offer different benefits. There could be a different variation in each species, or perhaps there will be an option to choose the types of hills you want, on certain gamemodes. One thing for sure, we will...
  3. G

Screen Shot Saturday - Under the Soil

Wouldn't a level 3 major ant be a bit out of place going through 1 tile thick tunnels?
  4. G

Screen Shot Saturday - Tiny Minims

What about in an in-game sense? Maybe the insect bodies will just despawn, or maybe the devs plan to implement rogue fungus, so there will a certain amount of time until the fungus outbreak that will wreak havoc to the nest, and there will be an option to move insect bodies.
  5. G

That makes sense. But what will they do with the dead insects?
  6. G

So... I'm assuming it requires a unique hatchery? And looking at the size of it, and purpose, I would assume there is little to no benefit from sending them out to the surface to do what workers usually do. If I were to take a wild guess on how they farm, I would say that they occupy a tile of...
  7. G

Ants in Nest Mode

Oh, but they DO patrol the nest chambers. Specifically their own nurseries, so worker brood chambers won't really be well guarded. Honestly, none of the chambers are well guarded because of their seemingly random intervals of them going back to the nurseries. So basically, in nest mode, they...
  8. G

Hermit crab insta-kill

I was just looking around my nest on the surface and I observed a hermit crab crawl up a ramp which was right next to my nest and dangerously close to the crab. I didn't see my ants engage in battle, and the crab just crawled along. Looking around my nest more, I saw an adult devil's coach...
  9. G

My Suggestions after spending 50+ hours.....

The idea of colony upkeep seems to be liked by many people, but perhaps there are other ways of 'feast and famine' to take place without having to change the gameplay substantially. Perhaps there would be insects which its food carcass cannot be collect, whether it be because it has too little...
  10. G

Challenges

it would be interesting to add mole crickets and other digging creatures to future challenges so that crowding the entrance won't be that overpowered of a strategy, as mole crickets will likely dig from the surface and show itself in some part of the nest near the queen.
  11. G

Underground Warfare

This is like the demo level "the nest" but more... Developed. Basically, the area underground is like is the same, but extended right/left/up/down so it's 2x bigger than the standard underground area. More details on the area So the player's side of the undergrowth will be like in previous...
  12. G

Layers of undergrowth

As the title suggests, layers of the undergrowth are basically just levels to dig entrances up to finally reach the surface. Let's say an ant queen burrowed too deep in the nest and took too long to lay eggs. During that time, the hot Sun managed to dry the dirt until it's brittle on the outside...
  13. G

November Newsletter: Including details about what's next!

Are John's live streams going to be in youtube or twitch?