Search results

1. R

New Moon

We already have the awesome wolf spider mode on a Full Moons....what if we can have the whip spider on New Moons? I think it'd make a nice contrast and further expand things to do on the game. I envision a two tier stage set in the jungle. You start out under ground for when you start as the...
  2. R

Optional Beta 0.22032** - Gameplay Balance, AI Additions & Changes

loving the leaf cutter media at this point. the cost of living vs usability feels perfect to me now.
  3. R

Trap jaw colonies.

no, Trapjaws have queens. They have nuptials and everything. https://antark.net/ant-species/trap-jaw-ant-odontomachus-sp/
  4. R

Freeplay Species

They have semi done the moving queen. If anything, the move should be based on what food is in the area. Some sort of limiter or meter that measure food amounts in an area so your scouts go to find the best place to have a nest at. If anything, i noticed some things about army ants in the game...
  5. R

More antspecies and ideas to imprement them

I disagree about Honey Pots....as their repletes are just immovable storages. Other than that, they are just like formica fusca in terms of gameplay A species that uses gamergates would be interesting as they offer different playstyles. From what i can tell, those sorts of ants are less socially...
  6. R

What type of ants will be add later in the game ?

Yup and i think they have one for Trapjaws too. But i'm salivating at the idea of a war between Dorylus and Eciton....omg....pls....for xmas....guys
  7. R

What type of ants will be add later in the game ?

one thing we know is coming are Bullet Ants since they were a stretch goal. I feel there are hints that both Eciton and Odontomachus will be playable in some from given the level 3 formicarium mission....that i have yet to beat. #cheating
  8. R

3.1 has anyone beaten it?

I did it with manly mediae and majors and i managed to not only out produce the AI, but I was able to invade and kill their queen
  9. R

Spitters/Mortals

You can play the entire formica rufa levels with only Rapid fires. They are good, but this is a single player game (for now.) So broken is not really a concept here. Enjoy their savagery especially when the level 3 formicarium mission.
  10. R

Disappointed with Ant Upgrades..

@serafine really like your ideas. Thought I don't want the worker soldier dichotomy. What do you think of my idea of getting rid of "workers" all together like for ant species like formica rufa? As your start the game, your ants can all defend themselves with acid spraying rapid fire. But as...
  11. R

Also Formica Rufa ants don't have "shooters" either. The entirety of the workforce are capable of shooting acid. While they have majors and minors (sparsely) they probably need to be redone. Likewise perhaps we should have an implementation system? As someone else posted, we could have...
  12. R

we are dealing with ants here. Tiger Beetles are 100s of times the size of an ant. Wolf spiders are the same. Other opponents will be even biggers. Ants tanking that is ridiculous on its face. Numbers come into play here so the ideal solution is to adjust the cost of soldiers to be more...
  13. R

Stinging vs Biting

A question and possible suggestion I'd like to see is a difference between ants who sting and bite. Fire ants sting using their jaws to anchor themselves on a target. Bull ants work his way as well (assuming they are added. They are prominently featured on the website but still..)Stingers...
  14. R

[Wishes] A few things :D

Some ants have active queens that actually hunt, Pharoh Ants. Most queens don't just become like termite queens and don't move they either move on their own, or is moved by workers. Even in game formica fusa and rufa both had their queens leave their nest, but that is an in game event, but if it...
  15. R

Sausage Fly Capture

One of the developer's video showed Siafu. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGo0W96YolA
  16. R

11 New species to add

Well no, it couldn't work.Again the Velvet ant is a Wasp. Might as well say we should birth Tiger Beetles. As enemies though, that would be interesting. In fact all are nice suggestions. I don't know if its confirmed, but another ant based RTS, Empire of the Ant (based on a novel) had Praying...
  17. R

Bad balancing and the grind

what Kaien said was to put your ants near the queen. A bit intensive, but effective strategy is to have two armies. One to guard and the other to conquer.
  18. R

Urban setting/human dwelling

Imagines the terror of having Siafu running through my house.....*shudder*
  19. R

Devil's Coach Horse Beetle Spray

I would like to add that Rufa's acid can scare off enemies thousands of times bigger and more solid that the Devil's Coach Horse Beetle adult: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbyE2cNROkI