2.1 Wolf Spiders?

I seem to be stuck on 2.1 hard mode....The last wave of wolf spiders just wreck me. Its not an issue of having too small of a force, I watch the game after the queen dies, and my ants are able to defeat the spiders.

I'm at a loss for how to proceed...The spiders ignore my ants and run around like nuts, and then just converge on the queen

Does anyone have any tips?

Raptorofwar

Queen
Backer
Cluster all your ants around the queen, not at the entrance of the nest. That way, the queen is guarded no matter what.

I was doing that before, but the spiders were ignoring my ants and biting the queen...while my entire army bit and spit on them.

I was finally able to beat it...this time i didnt worry about upgrading tiles at all and made as many lvl 1 tiles as possible for the food i was able to collect.

It appears the best defense vs wolf spiders is just putting as many meatbags around the queen as possible. I believe my force at that point was about 37 melee and 37 ranged

i did it with 30 melee 60 ranged, i keep the ants near the entrance for the first waves and when the tiger beetles come in i moved everyone to the queen

So far the only thing that worked against the spiders is to cluster your army near your queen. they shouldnt prioritize the queen when they get attacked by your ants, if they do maybe its a bugged behavior? Spiders are certainly dangerous if your army isnt next to your queen the second they enter the nest.

Im sure many people have died during the second formaicarium challenge when the spiders where introduced, because they just rush past everything and kill your queen. But with your army clustered next to the queen they are easily disposed!

Yea the wolf spiders are annoying. I initially tried intercepting them at the entrance, but my ants would invariably get hung up attacking a hermit crab or something, and then the spiders would just blow past them and kill all my workers... then the slow, inevitable death of the colony follows as the last of my newborn warriors are picked off one by one by the spiders... meanwhile all my ants are stuck on the stupid crab, and I can't get them to retreat.

Soccer51x

Worker
lol I did it with 40 workers level 2 and 3 and 10 acid spitters, I had left it on afk thinking it was paused. I came back and had won XD