An XMas gift?

First of all I want to congratulate the developers on making an excellent game. I have suggested it to friends and I will support this team to the best of my ability. So, thank you devs. well done!

WITH that said...Is it possible, to make a skirmish mode? So we can test it over XMas break? Like a 3 colony Free For All?? On one map? Just open ended skirmishs to get food and kill the queen? Hell, use a pre existing map like 2.2. Thanks in advance for listening.

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Mike talked about this in another thread.

They almost had a skirmish AI, but didn't want to put resources into it yet. We may get it later.

buckZor

Larva
Please take the time to type Christmas. It's worth the extra letters. He's the reason, for the season.

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Actually it's a mix. Part of it was a result of Christian holidays, but the date was actually modified to attract pagans who would otherwise not convert, as the holidays were more familiar (this is due to the cultural aspects of religion, where it's only partially actual belief, while a lot of it is the community surrounding the faith).

Serafine

Queen
Backer
Beta Tester
Ecosystem Beta Tester
In the end it doesn't matter because everyone is effectively worshipping the sun - the pagans anyway, the ants would do if they'd grasp the concept of warshipping and the christians... well, look where they are coming from (hint: Cult of Aton).

plus in the beginning of the holiday when the catholics took it over it was actually a pretty horrificly violent holiday. People getting dragged out of their homes and beaten and all that. Weird how so few people know thsee things.

Antmas... lol ::)

Can you guys just stop. I am not trying to get religious in this thread...I am asking about a video game. None of your answers are within the context of my question. I was using that abbreviation more as a timeline to proposal I had.

Mods feel free to delete my entire thread, I did not get any answers to my question. Just a bunch of tangents.

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Freeplay. It sounds to me as if John does plan on finishing the Skirmish AI, although don't take my word for it since they might also go for simply scripted events.

We're not getting over Christmas sadly, but I think their planned release was going to be January or February.