Ant keeping help

Major ant I was going on a run and a came by this ant. Looks like a bigger version of the other worker ants I saw in the colony I was observing. I'm 99 present sure it was a Camponotus major. My faith that I have a Camponotus queen is restored

I'd say it's either Camponotus novaeboracensis or Camponotus herculeanus. Definitely Camponotus though.
For antkeeping purposes it doesn't really matter, care is exactly the same - the main difference is that C. novae will slow down (and finally stop) growing after it has a few thousand workers, while C. herc will really ramp up brood production in year 3-4 and over the following years grow into the tenthousands.

Yes, pretty much all Camponotus species are very polymorphic.
There's only a few rare species that lack majors (the biggest worker class).
My queen is picking at the cotton at the exit. Should I be worried about this?

Serafine

Queen
Backer
Beta Tester
My queen is picking at the cotton at the exit. Should I be worried about this?
No, that's normal for Camponotus queens. They often pick pieces from the dry cotton to make themselves a place to poop (later the workers will use the cotton to weave garbage into some sort of fabric).
Just cover the tube and give her a month or two in a calm place.

No, that's normal for Camponotus queens. They often pick pieces from the dry cotton to make themselves a place to poop (later the workers will use the cotton to weave garbage into some sort of fabric).
Just cover the tube and give her a month or two in a calm place.
Thanks!