ants confused

LA_snow

Larva
hello i believe this has been put down already but want to let you know that while playing on the mission part on 2.2 half way through the game the ants no longer want to collect food when the food capacity has loads of space the ants walk from the surface and back down to the colony even when restarting the game it will carry on but thats only half way through the game i haven't tried the other missions and not sure if its been updated from today but i thought id give you heads up on the bug.

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
You may have set the ants to not collect food, but didn't notice due to a visual bug that doesn't show what the gather option is actually set to. Just disable and enable the gather option to fix it.

What happens is the gather option remains what it's set to, but visually takes on the appearance of whatever the combat option is set to.

If combat is disabled, gather will appear disabled as well, but will remain enabled or disabled as it was before this point. Enabling it from this state will always enable gathering, and the only way to actually disable gathering if it's enabled is to enable and then disable gathering.

If combat is enabled, gathering appears to be enabled. Disabling it will disable gathering, and to enable gathering if it's disabled you need to disable and then enable gathering.

Otherwise, what food is it that your ants are refusing to gather?

LA_snow

Larva
no i do know the meaning of pressing and unpressing combat or food collecting i have completed the game im just trying to say there is actually a bug that they do not want to collect food but they will fight and walk back to the colony and back to the marker and no matter what i do if i click or unclick there is no light up it dosent turn red it will stay green but then it decides to change colour by going red when i click 1 unit of the army but the food i try to get is where the lady birds are but the fish is fine it works on that

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
LA_snow said:
no i do know the meaning of pressing and unpressing combat or food collecting i have completed the game im just trying to say there is actually a bug that they do not want to collect food but they will fight and walk back to the colony and back to the marker and no matter what i do if i click or unclick there is no light up it dosent turn red it will stay green but then it decides to change colour by going red when i click 1 unit of the army but the food i try to get is where the lady birds are but the fish is fine it works on that

That was my mistake, the bug got fixed recently (and it's occurred to me it wouldn't even occur if you're not using the beta).

What food specifically are you trying to obtain though? Aphids generally have a low spawn rate for food, where only a few ants will be able to grab the honeydew. If there are no aphids alive, there also won't be any food.

The aphids also I don't believe will create honeydew at night.

Do you have the beta active? I'm wondering if it's something done to freeplay that broke aphids in the core game.

Can you visibly see the honeydew that your ants are refusing to collect?

Will your ants still collect from devil's coach horse and crab corpses?

LA_snow

Larva
i have the beta but this has happened just before the beta release

sooo some reason no matter what ants i mark to collect food the honeydew when night comes some reason ants no longer want to grab food devil's coach horse and crab corpses no problem just the honeydew they have problem getting they will walk to the honeydew then get confused and walk back to the colony by the doors inside and back out

honeydew is visable at night and there is plenty of it i did wait till next morning and nothing

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Are you sure you're just not seeing them collect it?

I played through 2.2 again and could grab honeydew just fine for the entire duration.

Do you gain honeydew during the 2nd day? Honeydew is only produced during the day phases, so I'm not sure what to say if you just think you're seeing honeydew.

LA_snow

Larva
if there is a way i could send you a short clip of the gameplay i think youd have a better understanding of the problem i got, ive played 2.2 mulitply times and never had the problem but before the update they just seem to not listen to commands some reason.

would that help if i sent you a clip to email or something?

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Sure. You could also make an unlisted Youtube video which you could link.

its probably a bug. there shouldn't be ANY honey left on the aphids at night, since you're collecting them all day and they do not produce it at night

either that or your food storage was full

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
The bit that sticks out on the aphids is a part of the aphids.

This is the night phase, so no honeydew will ever be produced at this time.

LA_snow

Larva
really must be new now then, i use to be able to always collect the honeydew at night times. armys use to be big in 2 days for me

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Been that way for a while. Do you usually play in higher difficulties? That spawns far more enemies to harvest.

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Yah, you're probably used to getting a lot more food then, which you don't get in the easier difficulties.

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
LA_snow said:
i have the beta but this has happened just before the beta release

sooo some reason no matter what ants i mark to collect food the honeydew when night comes some reason ants no longer want to grab food devil's coach horse and crab corpses no problem just the honeydew they have problem getting they will walk to the honeydew then get confused and walk back to the colony by the doors inside and back out

honeydew is visable at night and there is plenty of it i did wait till next morning and nothing

The aphids stop producing honeydew at night-time. This isn't communicated clearly but that's the issue here.