[Bug] 0.211 Christmas spider Bite not hitting?

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Why is it not working?
This happened to a very few enemies. Biting did not hit them.

Last edited:

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
OK investigation complete!

The hits are actually connecting they will just be doing massively reduced damage. This enemy has a set max damage in any one hit so any single piece of damage coming in will be reduced to 10. Only a handful of enemies in the game have this (for queens its 25, this rove beetle larvae is 70 and then this is 10 so this creature actually has the best). As such it will be terrible at killing it with a health of 550, each bit will be doing just over 1% damage. The counter is of course to use either venom strike which does multiple small hits or build something like a rapid fire tower.

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
OK investigation complete!

The hits are actually connecting they will just be doing massively reduced damage. This enemy has a set max damage in any one hit so any single piece of damage coming in will be reduced to 10. Only a handful of enemies in the game have this (for queens its 25, this rove beetle larvae is 70 and then this is 10 so this creature actually has the best). As such it will be terrible at killing it with a health of 550, each bit will be doing just over 1% damage. The counter is of course to use either venom strike which does multiple small hits or build something like a rapid fire tower.
But the other coach horse beetles in that level did not take massively reduced damage if I remember correctly? (I am very confused now)

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
Yea I can see that being a problem. Unfortunately it is a consequence of how the game works with AOE attacks. I will put this on the back burner for now as it is not an easy one to solve. Additionally we have some new systems coming with the fire ant update which may allow us to have multiple target and attack points that could help this situation