[Bug???] ants ""stuck"" in the entrace of the nest

Daniel7Sly123

Ants are perfect!
1583520893650.png
can someone tell me if this is a bug or not, because this media is ""stuck"" in the entrace but some time later i came to check and it was no longer there. (it happens with one of my workers to)(this happens to mi in 3.2)
if this is a bug pls makeit a feature because it is similar like a guard in the entrace of the nest. it is quite nice!

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
The worker is very likely trying to take the size 3 leaf back to the nest, but can't reach it. Causing her to be stuck there.

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
The worker is very likely trying to take the size 3 leaf back to the nest, but can't reach it. Causing her to be stuck there.
Yea I am in agreement the leaf is unreachable and the ant is still trying to get to it, one for Liam to look into I think

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
I wonder if the food has fallen through the floor somehow? It could also be an issue with the entrance itself, we have had a few floating point errors (essentially rounding errors) causing issues with this

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
I wonder if the food has fallen through the floor somehow? It could also be an issue with the entrance itself, we have had a few floating point errors (essentially rounding errors) causing issues with this
I am assuming the nest entrance ramps behave differently compared to normal ramps? (I have seen something similar in a dev stream a few days ago, a piece of leaf was dropped on a ramp and became unreachable. Moving it out of the ground manually did not make it reachable again.)

Liam

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
I'll set up a test in a bit that drops a few thousand leaf chunks on the nest entrance. With any luck some will fall through, the problem will reveal itself, and we can all sleep peacefully tonight.

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
I'll set up a test in a bit that drops a few thousand leaf chunks on the nest entrance. With any luck some will fall through, the problem will reveal itself, and we can all sleep peacefully tonight.
Don't worry, I will find enough for you to worry about for the coming nights. :D

Liam

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
I didn't get the leaves to go underground, but I did get a similar problem with them sticking to the sides. Something is definitely off here. In the picture it's hard to tell if the leaf is actually underground, because it's around that area that we fade the leaves out to stop them sticking out of the nest entrance roof. Anyway, hopefully if I fix the problem I've found, it will fix the other one too... hopefully.

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
In the picture it's hard to tell if the leaf is actually underground, because it's around that area that we fade the leaves out to stop them sticking out of the nest entrance roof.
That's something I did not know, but it makes sense to work that way. The leaf chunks check if they should fade out regardless of them being carried or on the ground. It might be interesting to make them fade in when faded out and dropped, as they would become completely invisible without food values on if they get stuck inside the overground nest entrance? (In the work in progress build at least, as an extra thing for spotting issues.)