[Bug?] Funnel Web picks up Harvestman

MedinB

Colony
20191229130721_1.jpg
I was messing around in the Christmas spider level using a cheat engine. I saw this. WHAT?! When it got to the nest, the spider killed the spider.

Are they programmed to do this? This is a huge one!

Last edited:

MedinB

Colony
Perhaps this happens because of the Cheat Engine.
I just used the cheat engine for more health to build towers. I didn't manage anything in the “all” value and doing stuff and messing around. I just added more health. I did the Value Type as “float” to change the spider's HP to a very high number.

Last edited:

pakitane16

Colony
Check the stat file, anything that has YES in the "Can be Picked up" can be lifted by funnelweb spiders and mantises. The mole cricket was also liftable until the recent achievement stream.

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
Right so the Christmas level takes advantage of something I built in called level scaling. I can up the stats (and size) of creatures just with a single numerical value, however it wont change things like "CanBePickedUp".

My guess is this is actually a small harvestman scaled up. You will notice creatures not of there normal size all over the Christmas level (and later in freeplay games).

NOW in freeplay creatures use a separate set of rules to determine if they attack another creature (called the avoid list). Almost all creatures are on the funnel webs avoid list, this however will not apply to other areas of the game.

So the question is should the small Harvestmen be able to be picked up in general? For example should a mantis or large beach wolf spider be able to eat it?