[Bug] Massive Whip Spider Level: Creatures Randomly Die (Christmas Beta)

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
I assume this is a bug and not a feature, but after the game was going on long enough, most of the enemies would, at random, drop dead. The beach enemies in particular all died very rapidly, despite the fact I was nowhere nearby. I was on medium difficulty at the time, and was experiencing massive lag-spikes due to the funnelwebs (already reported by HofNerd).

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
This happens in the battle arena as well. Spawning obscene amounts of creatures to cause lag will cause tons of them to randomly die.

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
This happens in the battle arena as well. Spawning obscene amounts of creatures to cause lag will cause tons of them to randomly die.
Checking if I can conferm it. Should be easy.
Edit: Don't see any dead ants outside the fighting?
20191228101706_1.jpg

Edit: I spawned a TON (500 exactly) of jumping spiders and I heared their death sounds play. (I got bingo XD)
20191228102532_1.jpg

Yep we lost 10.
20191228102609_1.jpg

Last edited:

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Can you tell me the exact things you did to make random deaths happen?
I can tell others how I can make it happen. Go to battle arena and spawn 500 jumping spiders on one team, wait a few seconds and boom! They start dieing.
Someone please conferm this.

Last edited:

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Yep, seems to only be certain enemies.

Things that died in the level when I was having lag: Mantises, bush crickets, jumping spiders, beach tiger beetles, and beach wolf spiders. All I remember rn.

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Yep, seems to only be certain enemies.

Things that died in the level when I was having lag: Mantises, bush crickets, jumping spiders, beach tiger beetles, and beach wolf spiders. All I remember rn.
Did you exactly replicate the random deaths I caused? (To make sure it is highly likely to work when the developers try it.)

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Did you exactly replicate the random deaths I caused? (To make sure it is highly likely to work when the developers try it.)
1577528226111.png
Yep, 500 jumping spiders did it for me. Might depend on their respective PCs.