challenge mode is kind of unrealistic

I hate to complain, but the challenge mode seems a little overboard with the wave after wave of enemies and the beetles and two colonies of ants working together to effectively wipe out a colony of my ants it seems ridiculous, not only would the beetles and other ants fight each other- i doubt they'd work together, the scientist throwing wave after wave of ants at the colony expecting them to hold of the ridiculous number of aggressive ants and beetles seems very un-scientific and kind of cruel. despite this I love the game anyway, and I am only suggesting the challenge mode be split into two separate ones so that a player can work up to the harder waves and I don't mean to go on but I felt my input might be valuable. I hope that the creator see this post and decides to change something. again I know this game only recently was made so I hope that a future update will make things more balanced.

As for ideas I have for the game, it would be neat to have some more variety to the enemies, food items, and possibly formicariums, like have different substrates for the formicariums, maybe a few setups besides the flat glass setup. I mean, the classic Ant Farm setup is dated and there are several kinds of formicariums to choose from nowadays, a good channel to watch on YouTube is AntsCanada they have some interesting formicariums, also, a formicarium can be almost any shape, and the best ones are escape-proof.

I would be willing to work with the devs if they are interested.

Serafine

Queen
Backer
Beta Tester
Ecosystem Beta Tester
ProxyAnt said:
I hate to complain, but the challenge mode seems a little overboard with the wave after wave of enemies and the beetles and two colonies of ants working together to effectively wipe out a colony of my ants it seems ridiculous, not only would the beetles and other ants fight each other- i doubt they'd work together, the scientist throwing wave after wave of ants at the colony expecting them to hold of the ridiculous number of aggressive ants and beetles seems very un-scientific and kind of cruel. despite this I love the game anyway, and I am only suggesting the challenge mode be split into two separate ones so that a player can work up to the harder waves and I don't mean to go on but I felt my input might be valuable. I hope that the creator see this post and decides to change something. again I know this game only recently was made so I hope that a future update will make things more balanced.
It's a game, but there's actually something happening in that regard, like the ants in the 2.1 and 2.2 missions are attacking other critters like spiders and hermit crabs. There will be colonies attacking each other in the future but there is fundamental stuff in the game's basic code that needs to be changed for that.

And about that scientist... well, I already suggested lab equipment cosmetics you can buy for mission points - that guy seriously sounds like he'd enjoy some sparkling electric things, stuff with big biohazard signs or skulls on them and weird glowing fluids or even nuclear fuel rods. Yes, he is that kind of person and you'd fully expect him to scream "IT LIVES!" after creating his first ereptor queen.

ProxyAnt said:
As for ideas I have for the game, it would be neat to have some more variety to the enemies, food items, and possibly formicariums, like have different substrates for the formicariums, maybe a few setups besides the flat glass setup. I mean, the classic Ant Farm setup is dated and there are several kinds of formicariums to choose from nowadays, a good channel to watch on YouTube is AntsCanada they have some interesting formicariums, also, a formicarium can be almost any shape, and the best ones are escape-proof.
More content will come for the game like different ants (leafcutters are next), different foods, different critters, etc.

If you want a solid Youtube channel about ants I'd recommend AntsAustralia or even scientific channels. AntsCanada is little more than clickbaity overdramatized ant fairytales with uncle Mikey these days.

Serafine

Queen
Backer
Beta Tester
Ecosystem Beta Tester
About that scientist, I wouldn't be surprised if his nametag says Dr. Frank N. Stein, that would fit perfectly. The line between genius and madness is very thin as they say.

Check these videos, they are amazing:
https://youtu.be/8XAcFDfiXsY
https://youtu.be/2dSMU3HNhD0
https://youtu.be/_vRRYsVUkwU
https://youtu.be/LJyusL5LaxE