Enemy Ants under overhang of entrance take inconsistent damage from Mortar Shots

Just finished insane 2.1 Queen of the hill, i chose Mortar Ants and upgraded them to level three with workers to block. They had splash damage to all units around the unit they target. This happens pretty consistently everywhere except at the entrance, where i noticed that the ants just inside the entrance would take 8-10 lvl 3 mortar shots with no damage, then suddenly die. This is contrasted with the same ants taking 2-3 mortar shots and dying immediately outside the entrance. Seems like a bug, and its cost me quite a few games when the incoming army suddenly absorbed all my splash mortar shots with no damage, then wrecked my ants. Please fix, thanks.

here is a video i found of the issue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqXA0cF2xD8

19:21-19:28, watch the enemy wood ant in the left hole. It takes at least 4 direct mortar shots but only takes a minor amount of damage. May help to see it in full if you run the video at half speed.

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
I had the same bug. The reason they die at all is generally due to workers attacking them. The issue really isn't that they're not taking damage necessarily, but that they can both be attacked and can attack.