First person view, a throw back and nod to Dungeon Keeper

Telinoz

Larva
I know the devs took some inspiration from the classic Dungeon Keeper game, one fun thing in that game was the ability to possess a creature and then see everything in first person view.

So I'm just suggesting a view option, but if possible adding the ability to fight yourself as the Ant.... now that would be interesting!

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
It's a thought we've had. Would be a bit of fun - higher priorities at the moment but certainly a possibility!

Cranium internum

Soccer51x

Worker
Omg, new trend, being an ant? Fun possibility, but what happens when it dies...??? Also this would be fun but the devs are working hard on freeplay. Cross your fingers guys :D

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Soccer51x said:
Omg, new trend, being an ant? Fun possibility, but what happens when it dies...??? Also this would be fun but the devs are working hard on freeplay. Cross your fingers guys :D

If you die in the game you die in real life.

Cloda

Larva
I'm just started playing the game and reading about it in the forum and had a similar thought which I already shared on welcome to the colony board but though I'll share here as well for continuity...

Luckily for me, I am also a huge fan of Dungeon Keeper (mostly played 2) and can already see the positive influence on this game. One of my favourite DK spells was the possession spell, which allowed you to take over the mind and control any of your creatures directly and see the world from their eyes. This is pretty much what you did all the time in SimAnt by controlling an individual ant and I loved e.g. the ability to get other ants to follow you by laying a pheromone trail or to get another ant to regurgitate food to feed you. Anyways, that won't be necessary for this game to make it an success but it would certainly be a really exciting addition if something similar can be incorporated. This also opens up the possibility to have game modes / scenarios where you control a Bullet ant, massive 2cm ants found in the Amazon that although they live in small colonies, often move around by themselves and are ferocious hunters with a serious sting.