Free Play Hardest Difficulty

Balanite

Worker
Hey guys, came back to check on the game after the update. Love the new save game feature, hope we can have more campaign missions soon. :)

Played around a bit with the Free Play map on hardest difficulty (Custom Species, Ramp with Spikes, Max Start Difficulty, Upkeep, Nest Invasion/Uber Creature/Attack Waves/Fog of War) and got to Wave 28 after a couple tries. Pretty difficult, here's my highest score right now.

4ScRoFH.jpg

Did Mortars really got nerfed? I might switch to Rapidfire next time.

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
I compared some of my older videos to some battle-simulator stuff, and it seems they really did get a nerf, and a very heavy one.

I also recall that I could make lvl 3 mortar beat rapid-fire with equivalent food, but now it seems like this never happens (it's not even close).

Rayalot72 said:
I compared some of my older videos to some battle-simulator stuff, and it seems they really did get a nerf, and a very heavy one.

I also recall that I could make lvl 3 mortar beat rapid-fire with equivalent food, but now it seems like this never happens (it's not even close).

Last time i tried to compare the rapid and mortar spiters in the battle Arena it all depended on the number of ants is used an equal numbe on both sides of Course. in smaller numbers on Lv3 and behond if I rember correctly the rapid Always wind but in very high numbers the mortars do but i am Talking 250 to 500. In smaller amounts the rapids deslove the mortars before they even seem to start to fire. But i will run another test wave. I guess i am not the only one but a mix of rapid and mortar in the game would be absolute deadly.

Buffalo981

Queen
Extremely Helpful Person
Balanite or Rayalot, when you have the time, can you guys please make the hardest difficulty free play guides where you get to a very high wave level? I love your insane guides :D

Tried it again iin the battle Arena either I got it terribly wrong befoer or now The rapids destroy the Mortares now in equall numbers no mather the Level and how many you use Boy and I tatally prefered the Mortars at first.

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
I'm not the biggest fan of freeplay honestly, as I prefer to have a specific goal and very few random elements. I'll consider making a guide once I get the latest META set up in the formicarium.