How do You Organise Your Nest?

Mr_Ced

Colony
I group my ants in chambers of 10. And I also have a equivalent amount of workers to soldiers in mature colonies. The most I have in a group at the moment is 30. However this is subject to change.

Exactly like the AI does it, but way less groups of 7 and more groups of 19, with the occasional hexagon of 30+. Speed tiles on all passageways from queen to chambers, and food chambers at the entrance of the nest.

No direct tunnels from queen to entrance. I build them so they have to basically travel around the entire nest before they get to the queen.

Buffalo981

Queen
Extremely Helpful Person
I do my ants in perfect hexagon chambers of 19, so I can fully upgrade all of them to level three without one being stuck at level two. This is my strategy for formicarium and the other levels except when I'm playing on insane difficulty.

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Buffalo981 said:
I do my ants in perfect hexagon chambers of 19, so I can fully upgrade all of them to level three without one being stuck at level two. This is my strategy for formicarium and the other levels except when I'm playing on insane difficulty.

I as well, although I also use 4 and 5 sided chambers of 37 and 63ish if I need a lot of ants.

Otherwise, it depends heavily on what the level is, as if I don't need upgrades I'll generally prefer to just have a lot of ants.

Is there a way to put my screenshot on here without giving a link? I don't want to upload on some site to then put a link in here to it XD so much work ...